• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save as PDF/A after sanitizing document

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I sanitize a document and attempt to save it as a PDF/A, I get an error stating that I cannot do so

Is this normal? Is there a workaround?

Thank you

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the message give any more details? If not, try using Preflight to save as PDF/A instead, which should give more messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so here is the error message:

CleanShot 2021-05-04 at 17.05.34@2x.png

Then I went into Preflight and clicked Analyze and Fix then tried saving as a PDF/A again and got the same error -- this is what Preflight window showed:

CleanShot 2021-05-04 at 17.08.38@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, very interesting. And completely logical, if susprising.

PDF/A documents must have document metadata filled in properly. For example, a document title.

Sanitizing removes this. So it can no longer be saved as PDF/A, and Acrobat has no way to guess what the proper metadata is.

I suggest you either click the option to be selective, when you sanitize, and don't touch the document metadata; or add some after sanitizing with File > Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines