Highlighted

Cannot save documents unless closing out of the document

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My "save" button is greyed out and control-S will not work. 

I know this is normal before you make any changes against the last saved version.  However, this persists after I have made changes.  The only options are to go through "save as" or to close out the doucment and wait for the "would you like to save your changes?" prompt. 

How can I fix this?  Im running into the problem of THINKING I saved the document after I hit the hotkey then retooling the document for another file and messing up my work all down the chain.  Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot save documents unless closing out of the document

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My "save" button is greyed out and control-S will not work. 

I know this is normal before you make any changes against the last saved version.  However, this persists after I have made changes.  The only options are to go through "save as" or to close out the doucment and wait for the "would you like to save your changes?" prompt. 

How can I fix this?  Im running into the problem of THINKING I saved the document after I hit the hotkey then retooling the document for another file and messing up my work all down the chain.  Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looking at the description given above, I believe you are referring to the desktop application Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Getting the "Save As" option instead of "Save", its an design behavior of Reader DC. 

If your PDF  file is an email attachment or saved on some cloud storage, make sure that you have downloaded/saved locally. As you have mentioned, that on the first change, or before you make any changes against the last saved version it is normal. After that your consecutive changes will be/should be saved by "Save" "Ctrl+S". 

For testing purpose-

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Restart Adobe Reader

Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Let us know if these temporary changes will work. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0