• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot save in Acrobat DC Pro

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I go to save a PDF a dialogue box pops up with nothing inside of it.  Cannot save, save as, just nothing happens.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

An update to my "Save As" blank dialog situation:

I tried to uninstall/reinstall Acrobat Pro DC with no success - the reinstall failed continuously (at least that's what the CC dashboard/menu reported).

SO...I contacted Adobe help through their Chat feature, and here's what fixed my problems:

• For the "Save As" failure (blank dialog box) - instructed to open Preferences > General from Acrobat menu and uncheck "Show online storage when opening files" and "Show online storage when saving files"  (se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhotoFL,

Are you facing this issue with a specific pdf file or with all the pdf files?

What os version are you using?

Can you attach a screenshot of the application window?

Regards,
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All PDF’s. I open a PDF in Acrobat (DC Pro) and want to “Save As” into a different location. Say I received a PDF as an email attachment and open it in DC Pro and then want to save it to a particular folder. I cannot. Last week a dialogue box would appear and ask me where to save it to. This week nothing shows in the same dialogue box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhotoFL,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the application window with that 'save as' dialog box...so that i can look into this issue?

I would recommend you to repair acrobat dc installation. (Go to 'Help' menu -> 'Repair Installation' )

Regards,
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The window is blank.

Note, if I make a change to any PDF, then I can get the dialogue box asking where to save.

But, if I want to save the document to another location (save as) then I cannot.

And, there is no Repair Installation under the Help dropdown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exact same problem - cannot use "Save As" command.

It happens on all PDFs. I can "Save" the existing PDF but not create alternate PDF.

I've attached blank "Save As" window from app and Acrobat Pro DC version/info page.

AcrobatProDC_version.png

These CC incremental updates are creating problems...better testing needed.Acrobat_SaveAsWindow.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact Same issue on my iMac - OSX 10.10.3

To get around I attach the file to an email and save to folder which works

Else for a scan sometimes I have to open an existing pdf and drag the scanned "non-savable" pdf pages into the scrap pdf and save it to disk and rework it that way.

Seems to be hanging up on the cloud I think but cannot tell since is always a blank dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got no solution from Adobe on this issue. So, what I recently just tried was, uninstall the program, and reinstall it. That resolved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

The uninstall/reinstall sounds like the way to go. Unfortunately for me, the uninstall feature on CC Menu panel is grayed-out, showing "Uninstall unavailable".

I know I can delete the application folder on my drive but the preference/library files will be left.

I'm running MacOSX 10.9.5 on a Mac Pro "Trash Can"

Any thoughts/procedures/fixes from Adobe staff about this Acrobat Pro DC issue?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have purchased the program vs. subscription. The same as me. Go into your applications folder and click or right click on Acrobat folder and you will see the uninstall button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS for the heads-up...I should have checked the folder.

Uninstaller running now. I'll reinstall and hope that it does the trick.

Thanks again for the help, PhotoFL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update to my "Save As" blank dialog situation:

I tried to uninstall/reinstall Acrobat Pro DC with no success - the reinstall failed continuously (at least that's what the CC dashboard/menu reported).

SO...I contacted Adobe help through their Chat feature, and here's what fixed my problems:

• For the "Save As" failure (blank dialog box) - instructed to open Preferences > General from Acrobat menu and uncheck "Show online storage when opening files" and "Show online storage when saving files"  (see screen shot)

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 10.16.32 AM.png

After this, I was able to access "Save As" dialog.

• Concerning the reinstall failure, I was instructed to Quit Creative Cloud (access through CC Menu > Settings "gear" - see screen shot) and then sign-in again.

After relaunching CC, the App menu confirmed that my Acrobat Pro DC was installed and updated.

Obviously, the initial reinstall was good, but CC could not see that without a relaunch.

Maybe a "relaunch" of CC should happen on a regular basis to clean-up any update/corruption issues?

Hope this is helpful to others with similar issues.

Jim

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 10.28.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. My preferences did have the online storage options clicked as yours show.

But, my relaunch of CC did not eliminate the DC issue shown to update, even after signing out and back in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the reinstall of CC and it seemed to work on my mac for at least a day - was able to save email based and scanner based pdfs with a dialogue box now.

Need to verify it works on my ipad and all still but the reinstall did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jay,

I had the same problem, tried to uninstall and reinstall with no improvement. It was driving me nuts! Then came across this thread and the solution you posted for unclicking Show online storage... worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this solved this issue for me! it was driving me mad! Ugh. I lost so much work because of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for solution to the "save as"  blank dialog box.   It was driving me crazy. Your solution worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one more person VERY grateful for your posting the solution to this. I had many pages of legal and medical documents filled out, and came upon the "blank window - no save" problem. I'm dealing with a family crisis. Having to go to Kinko's to print, and then fill out all those pages by hand didn't make anything easier. Thank you, Jim!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am unable to find a solution to the following error I get when I attempt to "Save As": "The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (110)."

I have a Mac, with OS X Yosemite and I am using a trial version of Acrobat Pro DC, which I understand has a functioning Save As feature. I have tried renaming a PDF using the Save As option, with no success. I have also edited a PDF and attempted to save the edited version using the Save As function, again without success. Finally, in both instances I have also attempted to save to Adobe Cloud and yes, again - no success.

Thanks,

AJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jay Harrison. Solved my problem with large files (200+ pages) Adobe Acrobat DC Build: 15.16.20045.188096

NW Aust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Jay,

I just found your post and it works a treat.

I tried to sort this out with Adobe months ago and despite numerous reinstalls and chats/phone calls/yells, over a few weeks, they could not fix this.

you would think that Adobe's so called "experts" would know how to sort this out...

Cheers

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amazing that 3 years later the same fix is still applicable.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being able to save due to a blank window truly sucks. I can't believe Adobe doesn't fix this, it's been years since the last complaint on this page....I wasted over an hour and lost a document before i found this troubleshoot guide.

Thank you PhotoFL for the explicit instructions about how to take care of this.

I pay every month for a service that has glitches and problems. Not fair...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay_Harrison 

THANK YOU FOR THIS 'SAVE AS' SOLUTION!!!! I have had this save issue for months and was about to cancel my subscription.

Could NOT find a work around until this which worked for me.  It does seem to revert back after updates, so I'm glad I know where to look to fix this ridiculous saving glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS FOR SOLUTION!!!!!!~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines