• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot sign document, error CGetSigningParams-3984

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran across a document where I got this error when attempting to sign it.

Turning off the "modern interface" for signing continued past the error, but then failed at saving the docment with

"

Creation of this signature could not be completed.

Adobe Acrobat error.
Bad parameter.

"

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, no idea ,how to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kubi

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. As described you are unable to sign the document and getting bad parameter error.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to sign? Please try to sign a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing. Please upload the file to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share the link with us.

Also, What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat / Reader DC you are using? To check the version of the application please use the link (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html)

Make sure you have the latest version 20.006.20034 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For more information please use the link (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html)

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a same problem. The version adober reader DC is 2020.006.20034.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same recurrent problem with esign forms.

The error message reads: Unknown error. Support information: CGetsigningparam-3984

The file, however, has been signed by two other people with no issues.

I have updated Adobe and the problem persists. Version is 2020.006.20042

Please advise.

Thank you,

Simona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this same problem. I have tried with both Reader DC and Acrobat, and I receive the same error. I verified both are upto date, and I have had the same issue with multiple PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

we are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to sign the document and getting bad parameter error.

Please try the following steps and see if that helps

1. Launch Adobe Acrobat DC
  2. Select Edit -> Preferences...
  3. Select "Signatures" from Categories
  4. Click "More..." button on Creation & Appearance block
  5. Uncheck "Use modern user interface for signing and Digital ID configuration"
  6. Click the "OK" button and then again click "OK" button on Preference dialog

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, did not work. Your instructions are incorrect. You go to "Preferences" > "Signatures...". There is no "Preferences" under "Edit", at least in my brand new Acrobat DC.

Just spent 45 minutes trying to figure out how to sign my own contract that I sent to a client using this tool in Acrobat. It's embarassing to say the least. Why wouldn't Adobe troubleshoot this before releasing? I can't imagine how long it took my client to figure it out, I can only hope they didn't have as much trouble as I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

We are sorry for the trouble.

The option (Edit > Preferences ) is for Windows OS, If you have Mac please open the application and go to Adobe Acrobat DC on the top left corner > Preferences and perform the troubleshooting steps as described above and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

I am still getting the same error when I followed the steps. I still get the bad parameter error. After that I get other errors saying the document cant be saved and that the document wasn't signed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

We are sorry to hear that and the delay in response.

Would you mind sharing the PDF file with us for testing so we can check it at our end. Please upload the file to the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. This clearly isn't an issue with a specific document since it's happening to multiple people. The recommended fix does not solve the issue.  When the "extras" aren't functional, we're essentially paying for nothing more than a pdf reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest  version 20.12.20043 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

For more information please ook at the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Having the same problem, and NONE of your guidelines worked.

Here is the link for the document that I uploaded in the cloud as you mentioned, for "testing". This has been happening to all my Adobe documents.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:09c165b8-8d20-42ee-a76d-3f2c23407d5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue. When is Adobe going to address this issue???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, when will Adobe solve this known issue? It feels like Adobe is stalling on giving us an answer. Clearly a lot of people are having issues, and Adobe has provided nothing but faulty troubleshooting steps, with replies weeks and months apart. 

This is frustrating, I have embarassed myself in front of clients, giving them contractural forms to sign, and when it doesn't work, it looks very bad on me, especially when the contract is for something technology-related like a website redesign. Really embarassing and upsetting to me that Adobe has put this technology forth, when it clearly does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. Adobe customer service and technical support is the worst I have seen anywhere, and I am definitely going to switch away from Adobe. Did not expect this poor quality of service from such a big corporation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Syed Shayan,

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to sign the PDF file which leads you to this error message? I have tried to sign the PDF file on Win 10 OS and its working fine.

Are you on Windows or Mac OS and what is its version? If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, pleae try to download the file to your computer locally and then try to sign it and check.

Are you using a signature token device to sign the PDF file? If yes, please check for any missing pending updates for the token devive and try updating it and check if that makes any difference.

You may also try to sign the PDF file online via Document Cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) and see if that works for you.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirming that downloading to the Document Cloud and opening from there does not solve the bad parameter issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I figured out a work around! You have to click the "Certificates" button, then Certify Visible Signature, then draw a new box in the field you want signed. That's how I  got around all of the frustration. I was getting the exact same errors as you all. 

Hopefully that works for you, too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines