• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot type into adobe acrobat

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a newbie to acrobat and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

When I scroll my mouse over the areas that need to be filled out, it allows me to click as if I should begin typing - however, when I type, nothing happens. I attached the pdf for reference. If anyone has any tips on how I can get this to work, please let me know!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Here's the link to the original PDF source file:

https://www.law.columbia.edu/sites/default/files/2020-04/early_decision_contract_2020.pdf

I don't know what you did or what program did  you use to view this file but you should use Adobe Reader DC (free desktop version PDF viewer). The file that you shared down't seem to be the original PDF because I was able to open both (yours and the one from the official link). I didn't have the same problem with the one PDF from their official download l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This PDF was produced by Adobe InDesign.

See slide below:

columbia.png

It doesn't seems like the producer created any fillable field objects to begin with.

However, what you have seems more to be like the result of a flattened ot refried PDF.  This could've happened if the original PDF was printed to a PDF. or export as an image file then exported back to a PDF.

You can still edit this form with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to recreate the fields from scratch yourself, but the correct approach should be to contact the producer of the source PDF so you can download the original. 

If the original source is what you have then this form is meant to be filled and sign using the Acrobat Fill & Sign tool, not the Prepare Form tool.

See slide:

EARLYDESICION.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to the original PDF source file:

https://www.law.columbia.edu/sites/default/files/2020-04/early_decision_contract_2020.pdf

I don't know what you did or what program did  you use to view this file but you should use Adobe Reader DC (free desktop version PDF viewer). The file that you shared down't seem to be the original PDF because I was able to open both (yours and the one from the official link). I didn't have the same problem with the one PDF from their official download link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot thank you enough for replying so quickly and helping me! I can’t believe you took the time to find the original PDF, thank you! I was just able to submit my application!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines