• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change auto scrolling speed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw a post on this from 2012 but it was never answered.

I like the autoscrolling feature (View - page dispaly - Automatically Scroll) of Acrobat DC, but it scrolls too fast. There must be a way to change the speed of this. It is would be very useful when you have 2000 pages of reading to do...

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

You're welcome.

I am a computer repair guy (can you blame me?)  I normally exhaust everything I think I know and everything I think could be the underlying issue. Eventually, there will be a methhod behind the manners.

I never use as a premise what the computer users tell me is wrong (or could be wrong); I have to see for myself.  That is regardless if the user(s) that I try to help are experts in the subject matter or not.

So, to cut to the chase, when you hit CTRL+SHIFT+H  keyboard shortcut th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I read your post , and I got curious if you're referring to the actual scrolling speed you your mouse device, or the pages in Acrobat scrolling really fast.

I'm asking because I don't seem to have that problem with my acrobat, but when I do use the mouse center wheel to scroll faster through the pages it goes really fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I mentioned it is in the "Automatically Scroll" feature. Not the mouse related scrolling.

Thanks for the reply tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for posting this! Hitting the numbers 0-9 (0 being slowest) to control speed is so easy! Voila! I also love Cmd-Shift-H to start scrolling. I see that the Up & Down arrow keys also works once the scroll starts.

They do need to incorporate scrolling for Acrobat on tablets. I know a lot of musicians put their sheet music on a tablet and need it to scroll. I saw a feature request on the Acrobat Feature Request page going back to four years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to read that.

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Crisponator,

I did some additional  research  on this and it appears to be a known issue.

Check this link out: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/known-issues-acrobat-dc-reader.html

Scroll down on that page where it says "Rendering"" 

Rendering
Problem: Unusually fast scroll pace observed on a document with pages of different sized when scrolled using touchpad. [4192009]

This is why I mentioned about the mouse drivers as a possible workaround. And maybe even playing around with structuring the pages of the  document or toggling on/off some  Accessibility features may do something.

I also forgot to ask if this happens with every PDF or just one specific document?

If it helps in any way, and you wish to run A Full Report using the Accessibility Checker you may be able to spot if this is related to something in the structure of a particular document.

Last, Is this happening on MS Windows or macOS Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,
Thanks for looking further into it. Perhaps you are not aware of the feature I am using, how to find it in the app and use it, or what I am saying about it. You are incorrect in your thoughts as to how it is related to my issue. The link you provided, "rendering" section describes a scrolling issue with a touch pad and this has nothing to do with the issue I am having. I use a PC and a mouse and it has nothing to do with a pointing device at all unless you consider attempting to change the auto scroll speed with a mouse wheel. But that doesn't work either. I appreciate your trying to help, but my issue has nothing to do with what you are thinking it is. It is called "Automatically Scroll". It is accessed in the "View" drop down/"Page Display" option. It is activated by pressing "Shift Ctrl H" and it appears that there is no way to change the speed of the scrolling. No one else has responded to my question regarding this so I am guessing that perhaps I just read too slow, or no one else uses this (potentially) very handy feature (I am currently reading three 700+ page books). It would be so nice to just turn on auto scroll and sit back and read through the books at my own pace without having to interact with the app in any way.
I am really hoping there is a solution to this..Hopefully someone in the community has an issue with this too and has an explanation/fix..
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

I am a computer repair guy (can you blame me?)  I normally exhaust everything I think I know and everything I think could be the underlying issue. Eventually, there will be a methhod behind the manners.

I never use as a premise what the computer users tell me is wrong (or could be wrong); I have to see for myself.  That is regardless if the user(s) that I try to help are experts in the subject matter or not.

So, to cut to the chase, when you hit CTRL+SHIFT+H  keyboard shortcut the Automatically Scrolling feature becomes active. This feature works in any type of Page Display mode; Single Page View, Full Screen Mode and Reading Mode (of course).

To control the speed all you have to do is to press the UP and DOWN arrow keys in your keyboard

Down arrow key goes faster, UP arrow key slows down.

Just adjust how slow you want it to automatically scroll using the UP arrow key.

NOTE: If this answers your question I would appreciate if you mark this answer as correct. Too bad this thread has only 20 views so far. This should be a Top Reply due to the lack of easily accessible documentation (which I found none).

Computer repair guys just start hitting every freaking key until it works. When it works, that's the solution.

Thank you your patience, stay healthy, and enjoy your scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That was it!! Thanks for digging in further. I too am a PC geek but right now I am busy studying for IT certs so I discovered the auto scroll as a result of the large books to read. Strange how documentation is lacking from Adobe and in teh community as well. It is a nice feature and now I can actually use it :).
I did not see a "mystery solved" link on your post but will look for it again and definitely check it as SOLVED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines