Highlighted

Change Font Colors in Fill & Sign Tools

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to figure out how to change my font colors for tools in Acrobat Pro DC.  I had no trouble in Acrobat Pro XI.  (Mac OS)

The text in Fill & Sign is only black, there are no color options as you have found. 

It is true that you could use "Edit" in Acrobat to change the color, however if you open the PDF in Fill & Sign again the color will be reverted back to black (assuming you save any changes).

Thanks,

Josh

Topics

Create PDFs, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change Font Colors in Fill & Sign Tools

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to figure out how to change my font colors for tools in Acrobat Pro DC.  I had no trouble in Acrobat Pro XI.  (Mac OS)

The text in Fill & Sign is only black, there are no color options as you have found. 

It is true that you could use "Edit" in Acrobat to change the color, however if you open the PDF in Fill & Sign again the color will be reverted back to black (assuming you save any changes).

Thanks,

Josh

Topics

Create PDFs, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Select 'Edit PDF', select the text and change the color.

Regards,

Rave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we are talking about changing the font AFTER it's already been edited.  Since there are tons of text boxes over text boxes you can't just select the edited text without deleting every text box on top of it.  Adobe Acrobat DC is just about the worst software change I've ever seen a tech company make.  I HATE IT. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion to "Edit PDF", select text and change color is not working for me.  I can change colors when creating a PDF but NOT after I have typed the data or signed my name.  I want to change colors AFTER the PDF has been created.  Your help would be appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change the color of the Fill & Sign tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can unless the file is locked.

What will not happen is any text you have changed the color to does not appear in the document that has sent out which appears to be a bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you change the color of the Fill & Sign tool?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re save the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't help. Using Fill & Sign to change the text the text is black.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Used to be able to change font color with the "add text" tool. Since the change to "fill & sign" I cannot change the color, only highlight. The "Edit pdf" is an upgrade from what I already pay.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Josh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this as a feature request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Create your signature in digisigner.com, in any color you want
2) Ready a document to sign, add your signature
3) Click on your signature, and save image as,...onto your desktop
4) Open a pdf document
5) Click to sign, and then click on the + sign to add signature
6) Then click on image icon, then click select image
7) Add your saved signature on your desktop
Now it's saved for future use

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There actually is a way but it would have to format each document like this as opposed to just having the font default. Honestly I like this better because it makes the "fill & sign" feature easier. Here's how....

Choose "Prepare Form" as opposed to "Fill & Sign"

Select the arrow icon.

Then hold "ctrl A" to select the entire document

Right click and select "properties"

Click the "Appearance" tab

Select your font size/color/font

Click "close"

Choose "Fill & Sign" and it will reflect the font changes

To make the new font changes the default for that document you'll need to choose "save as". Also, you'll notice now there are light blue boxes, don't worry they don't show up when printing. These boxes actually make for a cleaner look and make filling out the form easier since you can just hit "tab" to go to the next box.

Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct that the font color will change, but when you go into "Fill & Sign" the form filling in the blue boxes is not using the Fill & Sign tool, it is native Acrobat/Reader Acroform filling - when you use "Prepare Form" you are creating (or modifying) an Acroform.  You can enter the "Fill & Sign" tool but the only part of Fill & Sign being used in this case is to create/apply a signature or initials, not the actual filling of the form fields. 

I hope that is not too confusing and it doesn't make much difference, the outcome hopefully is what you were looking for and that is what counts.  I just wanted to clarify that it is not actually the Fill & Sign tool being used to fill in the Acroform at the end of those steps.

Thanks,

Josh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this has been a request and a source of frustration for at least 2 years, is there any chance that an update will include the option to change the font color in the Fill & Sign tool?  Filling out forms usually requires visible information...filling out a form with the same color as the form defeats the purpose of the tool.  Even a choice of three colors would be a help ... black, blue or red would make a huge difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually not on the team that owns this feature anymore and don't have much insight.  I also I can't speak to upcoming features.  I believe there are a few features higher on the request list we haven't seen yet but we can hope, I'd like to see font formatting options too.

Thanks,

Josh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about those of us who simply need the editing tools, NOT the signing tools, which I guess Adobe thinks everyone needs.  I edited a pdf.  After it was edited, the parties wanted my edits in a different color.  The edit pdf tool opens everything in a text box, almost all of which overlap.  I did not create the pdf so I can't do anything about that portion.  Why is this so expensive when it's just awful? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're post does not seem to relate to anything on this thread. Please start a new topic and explain more clearly what it is you want to do. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines