• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change font size on fillable adobe form fields

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable form on which I need to change the font and font sizes of the fields. I have adobe acrobat X Pro installed on my pc. Please help with step by step instructions.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Choose Tools > Forms > Edit. Double-click on a text field to show its properties. Click on the Appearance tab.

TextFieldAppearance.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Tools > Forms > Edit. Double-click on a text field to show its properties. Click on the Appearance tab.

TextFieldAppearance.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You a life saver, even in 2021!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nonsense on legs. Adobe is a sick range of crapware tooks. Ux is unfathomable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Choose Tools > Forms > Edit"?

Which tools in DC Pro?

Please be more specific.

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 11.42.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-02 at 11.42.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tools button, in the second screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the second screenshot?

Please explain step by step.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use "Prepare Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did prepare the form. just need to know how to increase the font size in all fields.

If you do know, kindly explain step by step.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the font size read the old replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try it in DC "yourself" then let me know step by step.

no need to reply if you're not going to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want change the font sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have form fields the Prepare Form command takes you to Form Edit mode, where you can change the various properties of your existing fields... Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Game changer. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there are a multitude of options when in Prepare Form, but none of them address changing font size for the text entered into the fillable fields.

What am I missing here?

I am working in Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the field's Properties, look under the Appearance tab:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this be changed so we don't have to do this for every field? For example, I want Calibri to be the default in your screenshot instead of Helvetica.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is what I want to know also. I've been messing with it for over an hour and I cannot figure out how to change the font in every field at one time without doing each one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are two different issues. One is how to change the default font used when you create a new field. The other is how to change the font for pre-existing fields.

The former is simple. After making the change in one field, right-click it (in Form Edit mode) and select "Use Current Properties as New Defaults".

The latter is a bit more complicated. You can select multiple fields and edit their shared properties all at once, or you can use a script to do it. For example, I've developed this tool that allows you to do it very easily using a script, but without having to write any code yourself: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Mass Edit Fields Properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think you answered it, but I just want to make sure I was clear on my question :-).  I have a word document that someone else made, which I converted to a PDF.  From there, I chose prepare form to generate my "fillable" fields.  The font in the generated fields was too small.  So I clicked on the field and then properties, and changed my font size.  I want to be able to do that for all of the fillable fields at one time.  So your answer to this issue was the second part of your reply right?  Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult. I just want to make sure.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disregard my last question. I clicked on the first field, shift, and then last field and I was able to do it all at once.  That was a wasted hour of my life, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work for me, but now I am going to try it again.  Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am looking for a way to convert the fonts of all of my text fields (Times New Roman to Arial). I first tried selecting all and hitting Properties to change the font and the font drop down said, "Varies" even if I changed it. I clicked OK, but nothing happened. I tried setting one field to Arial and then using your suggesting to Use Current Properties as New Defaults, but unfortunately that did not work either. What am I missing?

I have over 50 text fields..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone has the problem I did where by selecting all your text fields gives you "Varies" under the font drop down, I selected the fields where I did not change the font yet and the drop down actually listed a font name rather than "Varies". I was able to then change the font this way. Phew. Better than doing it one by one, especially when you have multiple revisions..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cloud1950  wrote

I tried setting one field to Arial and then using your suggesting to Use Current Properties as New Defaults, but unfortunately that did not work either. What am I missing?

I have over 50 text fields..

When you create a new text field you will see the correct properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines