• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change font size on fillable adobe form fields

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable form on which I need to change the font and font sizes of the fields. I have adobe acrobat X Pro installed on my pc. Please help with step by step instructions.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Choose Tools > Forms > Edit. Double-click on a text field to show its properties. Click on the Appearance tab.

TextFieldAppearance.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to make it greater than 18 pt font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, enter the font size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where?  The drop down only goes to 18, and I want to go for 36...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the 18 and type 36.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I feel pretty silly now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the font size have a limit? I need to go bigger than 300pt but it won't let me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look like anything is solved here. Just to clarify the use case issue:

User makes interactive form text sections in InDesign. User exports to Acrobat. User wants to edit more than one text field property at a time to either a different font and/or font size.

...No solution..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried selecting multiple fields at a time and bringing up the field properties dialog?

Scripting is really the most efficient way of dealing with this issue. Scripts for changing the font and other font properties have been posted a number of times in these forums, but if you have any trouble finding them, post again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my solution:

In case anyone has the problem I did where by selecting all your text fields gives you "Varies" under the font drop down, I selected the fields where I did not change the font yet and the drop down actually listed a font name rather than "Varies". I was able to then change the font this way. Phew. Better than doing it one by one, especially when you have multiple revisions..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it shows "Varied" you can still change it to a specific value and it will be applied to all selected fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, but for me, if it said Varied, it would not change the font. The only way I could change it was to select those individually from the varied group selection.

As an example: If I had ten fields and I wanted them all Arial and the ninth one was Helvetica, I would have to select fields 1-8, change to Arial, but would have to select nine individually and change and then also the tenth field. That's just been my experience so far since this post in changing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just came across this forum and was having the same issue you describe though even if I went into each field, changed font size and hit OK, it wouldn't save.  I found that I couldn't manually enter the font size.  I had to click the drop down and select the size.  Once it saved in that field, I selected all fields I wanted changed, went into properties and use the drop down to set all fields to that font.  It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid double clicking only highlights the one word where the cursor is.  Can I get an explanation on how to get to the screen mentioned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The click Top Field<hold down Shift<click Bottom Field<select Properties worked and it was so easy. The only thing that I didn't find was the "format" tab to select the format category (such as date, SSN, Phone No. etc.). This was truly a time saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines