Exit

Change Fonts of one colour to another colour

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

I'm at my wits end.

I have a document which uses a specific shade of blue for some body text, and a specific shade of red for other body text, and I want to change both of these colours to black, whilst preserving the colours of all other fonts in the document (i.e. I don't want to convert the whole document to black)

How can I acheive this?

I have tried using the Preflight tool "Convert to Spot Colour", but this doesnt seem to do anything when I provide the CYMK or RGB colour values of these colours, unless I set tolerance to maximum, at which point it changes all colours in the whole document to black. 

For example, I have a font that Output preview tells me is C - 80%, M - 21%, Y - 0%, K - 0%. I have tried putting these in as CMYK (%) at 80, 21, 0, 0, with spot colour name "Blueish1" and Alternate Colour Space RGB (%) 0,0,0,0.

This only works if I set the tolerance to 100%, and again, changes everything to black.

There is only one image in the document, and while it does contain the colour I'm trying to modify, I don't care if its modified.

I'm very tempted to export to Word and do it in there.

Think about that. Its much easier for me to modify a colour document-wide in Microsoft Word than Adobe DC Pro. Its right there in the find/replace window.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?