Changing a field type after importing a file

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a file someone created in PPT, and I need to make it into a form. When I import it, Acrobat finds a lot of the places I need to add fields, but it makes them text fields. I need to make some of them into date fields, dropdowns, and signature blocks. Is there a way to "convert" the generic field that Acrobat creates into one of these other types of fields? I've been manually deleting those fields and then creating (and resizing to fit) the types of fields I need.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021
You can change text fields into date fields when you change the format of the text fields.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change text fields into date fields when you change the format of the text fields.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to directly convert the type of a field. It requires removing the old field and adding a new one (with the same name) in its place. I've created a (paid-for) tool that allow you to automate this process, but it has some limitations, and also some information can be lost in the process. It's better than doing it manually, though...

For more details see: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-convert-form-fields-type

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines