• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing currency symbol from dropdown choice.

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues figuring out how to change the currency symbol on a form based on the conversion choice the user makes.

I have created a dropdown list of a few countries. and I would like my currency symbols to change automatically once the user picks a country.

Preferably I would want it to be defaulted to US dallars, and then the user has the option to switch it thru the drop down selection.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to employ Custom Format script with some conditional statements and using the util.printf() method.

The JavaScript for Acrobat API 

Reference have somescript  examples with that method that you may employ in your PDF:

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/js_api_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, but will require using a custom-made script, as was mentioned.

Also, you need to take into account that it won't convert the values, just the symbol. For example, if you change $10 to €10 the value is not the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the actual conversion working. Its just the symbol that still says "$"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know what the current exchange rate is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But a PDF file is static, and exchange rates change every day (if not more frequently)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct. but for the time being i just need it for rough estimation. currently I  need to change the currency symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow the advice given above. You will need to write your own custom Format script to achieve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines