• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing date format from American to English

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Could someone please tell me how I can change the date in a writable pdf in Adobe Acrobat from American to English format?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Hi Alisonf,

Sorry for the delayed response.

You can change date format by opening the form in Acrobat > Tools > Prepare form

Right-click date field > Properties > Format tab > format category > date options

Below is the screenshot:

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alisonf,

Sorry for the delayed response.

You can change date format by opening the form in Acrobat > Tools > Prepare form

Right-click date field > Properties > Format tab > format category > date options

Below is the screenshot:

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it posible to set a default date format (to the european standard, like YYY.MM.DD, or Norwegian standard DD.MM.YYYY). It realy should not be neede to have to change this for every dingle date field in every single document I am making, especially when I am making several documents a day that needs to be signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately it's not possible. However, it is possible to change the Date format for multiple fields at the same time, using a script, like this (paid-for) tool I've created: http://try67.blogspot.com/2012/06/acrobat-apply-format-to-multiple-fields.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, one should be able to change the default date format for creating date fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been using the web Adobe Sign for at least the past 5 years and yet to this day, we are still unable to save in our setting the date format DD/MM/YYYY.  It has to be changed every time and it is increasingly getting very annoying.  This week, all fields once set in place cannot be moved.  Cloning also does not work.  The cloned field box is unable to be moved.  We have checked all available sources (for the date format and cloning) but unable to find any solution to this simple  Does anyone have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for weeks to change the default date to American style, and have not been successful. I HATE this problem. It happened when some update occurred a few weeks ago. Every contract I prepare now takes about 3 or 4 times longer than it used to. If there is really no way to correct the date format, can someone please suggest an alternative vendor for processing contracts that need to be signed? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just chatted with support an there is no way to do this. How ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, I'm trying to do the opposite. I am American, and all
my documents now have European-style dates. I would like the default to be
MM/DD/YYYY, but it no longer is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Just used Adobe to create/send an agreement for an electronic signature and didn't realize the date field wouldn't be set up right. I'm in USA and it was European format. This should be a general setting we can set and forget!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me and it was a legal document, so I can't really revise it and resend - super annoying and appears unprofessional!  I would like to have my default date ALWAYS be the same.  I also hate all the Adobe changes with the newest version. ugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  Suddenly, after some update, my US documents started being signed with a European date format.  These documents go to a court and the court system is rejecting them.  It is ridiculous that there is no global setting for the date format.  Really disappointing.  I will have to find a new signature app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! Please get this fixed asamp Adobe! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After contacting Adobe support requesting assistance with the issue of changing the default for the date format to a US standard, I was informed, that unless you have Enterprise level licenses you cannot change date default formats.  The only way to change date format for each field you place the date requirement, is manually.  You can downgrade to Adobe Classic - file>adobe classic (I think those were the instructions) - which will revert you to an earlier version of Adobe.  I guess, until they send out another update which will override that setting!  I'm still trying to figure out how to set date format defaults in a document that is signed...manually doesn't cut it and may need to look at DocuSign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is beyond me why they don't simply use the system setting for whatever operating system you have.  Every operating system has a date format setting. Seems like pulling the format from the operating system would be some fairly simple code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original post was from 2020 LOL ADobe just does not care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very true...unless they want to charge you more money for simple functionality that should be at any level of subscription.  Our company already pays way to much for these licenses to put any more $$ towards licensing with Adobe vs what functionality we use and get!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines