• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing field types in a fillable form

New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a fillable form.  The program created many text boxes where I want check boxes.  Is there an easy way to convert many fields to a different type?  I found this 2010 answer.  Is there a source for the script or another answer that is free of charge?

How do I change a field type when creating a fillable form from an existing pdf? (PDF Forms)

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elsewhere you would find what to do when changing field types (read out the original field's properties, delete the field, create a new field with the according properties). It is pretty simple and straightforward.

OTOH, you ran into the issues of "automatic field recognition", a pretty good algorithm, but it very often creates not what you want, and fixing it will take longer than adding the fields manually to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

In the 2010 conversation, there was a tool developed that would change all the fields in one step.  I was hoping for an easy answer rather than having to delete all the created text fields and insert check boxes manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tool is still available on my website, under the same address: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Convert Form Fields Type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't think I do reveal a secret, but that's essentially what that tool does. You asked for something free of charge; you got something free of charge. It is now your decision whether your time (to create such a tool yourself) is worth more or less than what try67's tool costs.

It's as simple as that…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maxwyss,

Lucy Blair was searching for a sensible and free of charge way of changing field type, what she found is a for-sale tool that changes the field type on ALL fields in an entire form (or page).

NOT was she was looking for:

1) it doesn't do what she asks

2) is not free of charge

And we are all still stuck with the same problem...

Cheers

Antonio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create your own tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get information about Acrobat JavaScript's objects, properties, and methods in the free Adobe Acrobat JavaScript Application Program Interface Reference. There are a number of links to training on the Acrobat Forum main page, one up from this form. That should provide you with the material needed to create your own tool.

Many of us forgo the "wizard" because there is just to many corrections that need to be made to get to the working form that includes calculations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best money ever spent.  Saved HOURS of time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines