Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Form attributes on a PDF form

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone,

I have 3 challenges that I am trying to get past and would liek some assistance.  I am using Adobe Acrobat X for creating this form.

1.  When I come into the form, I have some fields which should be protected and in a Grey (light) font.  Then if the user selects Yes in the radio button for a question, then the other fields will change the font to a darker scheme and become unprotected and required for entry.  If they select No, then these fields stay protected and then they can click on the button to send the information as an email.  I.E. For the question, do you have a trade, if Yes, then change the font to a darker scheme and unprotect year/make/model and they become required.  If they select No, then they stay protected.

2.  How do I create a button for the user to click on and send the form as an email to a specific person.  I would want to verify on the form that all required fields are entered before sending the form as an email to this person.

3.  How do I make all the fields contents cleared upon entry into a form?

These are the areas I am having challenges with.  I look forward to some assistance in getting this complete.  Thanx in advance.

Jerry

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

All of this is possible, but requires some scripting know-how.

For #1 see the following tutorials:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/conditional-execution

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/change_another_field

For #2 you can just add a button with a "Submit Form" command. At the target URL enter "mailto:me@server.com" (without the quotes, and with the actual email address, of course). It will validate that all the required fields are filled-in before submitting the form.

I don't quite understa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of this is possible, but requires some scripting know-how.

For #2 you can just add a button with a "Submit Form" command. At the target URL enter "mailto:me@server.com" (without the quotes, and with the actual email address, of course). It will validate that all the required fields are filled-in before submitting the form.

I don't quite understand what you mean by #3... Do you want to clear the form fields each time the file is opened? That will cause a lot of issues for the users and I would recommend against it. Instead, add a Reset button, or set the form to clear after it is submitted (although that could bother users who want to keep a saved copy of the file they sent). At any rate, I would not recommend you do it without the user's consent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for the information.  I will read the documenation and implement it.  Yes, each time the form is opened, I would want the fields & radio buttons to be empty.  I may do as you suggested with a rest button after the email has been sent.  I look forward to working on this.  Thanx in advance.

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to do it then you can do so by embedding the following code as a doc-level script (via Tools - JavaScript - Document JavaScripts):

this.resetForm();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These links sound great, but I cannot get to them.  Do you have a way for me to be able to read this information?

Thanx in advance.

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a real bummer. We were promised those tutorials will remain available... I'm trying to get them restored, but in the meantime you can find them cached in Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines