• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing OPACITY of COMMENT TEXT

New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using the ADD TEXT option in the COMMENTS section (not the text box). The first half of my document I worked on, I changed the FONT and COLOR of the text I was using to my liking. Opacity was by default at 100%. Then I saved and when I re-opened to continue working on the next day, the new COMMENTS TEXT that I was trying to add were using 50% opacity. I can not find a way to get the opacity back to 100%. Change COLORS and FONTS works, but the opacity is always around 50%. When I type it's 100% opacity but as soon as I leave the added TEXT it reverts to light opacity. I've tried adding TEXT BOXES, and I can change the OPACITY there, and I even selected make default opacity, and the TEXT BOX works, my problem is only with COMMENTS TEXT: the opacity was fine one day, and the next day everything is at 50% (after I've finished typing), and I can't change it.

Please note I am using the latest ACROBAT DC PRO version on Macintosh.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

I was able to fix this by opening a document that I had previously included text (with all other documents closed), opening the comment tab (where it lists the comment history), clicking on a comment in the list that did have full opacity, right click, select properties, and check the box for Make Properties Default, and then I saved the document. My comments are now full opacity again.  I have no idea why it happened, I also had the undefined error in the suggestion with the code, even though i

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Hi ! Got the same issue 2 weeks ago all of the sudden. Looking at this thread, I was able to permanently solve my problem by first doing the javascript trick this.selectedAnnots[0].opacity = 1 (with the annotation selected with some trick since it deselects as soon as the mouse is not over it so the annotation is undefined) . After, getting the comment list on the pane, and going to Properties, and check the "Make Properties as default" and click ok. Weird that this happened to everyone of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the EXACT same issue.  Has anyone resolved this yet?  Can someone from Adobe address this?

I am also using the latest Acrobat DC Pro, but on a PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. One day it was 100% opaque then the next it is roughly 50%. Please assist as this is a real pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See comment below if you are still having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for weeks to solve this. I deleted the app several times to restart the settings but nothing was changing, I even deleted all the data about adobe from my laptop, and I just can't believe solving it was that simple.

THAAANNKK YOU SO MUCH   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome. I'm so happy it worked for you.  It was also driving me crazy, I feel your pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following:

- Click the comment in question so that it is selected.

- Open the JS Console (Ctr/Cmd+J).

- Enter the following code into the lower part of it:

this.selectedAnnots[0].opacity = 1;

- Press Ctrl+Enter to execute the code.

- The selected comment should revert to 100% opaque.

- If that happened, right-click it and select Make Current Properties Default.

Any comment you create after that should look the same as that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnak you try67 

Unfortunately this did not work. I’m trying to fix the “Add Text Comment” highlighted below.

Darthur_0-1587998288874.png

After inputting the code you provided I’m getting the following error:

TypeError: this.selectedAnnots is undefined

1:Console:Exec

undefined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means the comment was not selected when you executed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

changing the java script code works, but i have to do it EVERY SINGLE DOCUMENT i open. How do i fix this globally? This started out of no where, and I cannot figure out how to fix it without having to do this change every single time - which is multiple documents a day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my fix below.  Once I have fixed this, I have had no further issues and it appears to have worked for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unforunately for some reason this hasn't worked for me. every new document the opacity resets despite correcting it on previous documents and making the properties default. it's been going on for months and i've commented on several of these threads about it, but no one from Adobe seems to offer help. I guess i'll continue to correct java script every day until Adobe figures out a permanent fix for why this glitches for certain users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you only have one document open when you set the default.  If I had multiple documents open it didn't work.  Once I only had the single document over, set the default, saved the doc, and closed, it saved it as a default in the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this by opening a document that I had previously included text (with all other documents closed), opening the comment tab (where it lists the comment history), clicking on a comment in the list that did have full opacity, right click, select properties, and check the box for Make Properties Default, and then I saved the document. My comments are now full opacity again.  I have no idea why it happened, I also had the undefined error in the suggestion with the code, even though it was selected. I'm so happy this worked. This has been so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. It worked! Opened up an older document I had previously entered text into and defaulted the properties. This has been driving me nuts for months. Appreciate you sharing this knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! You are very welcome. Why they buried the default options is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Its fixed my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! This fixed my issue too.  But why is it happening????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Got the same issue 2 weeks ago all of the sudden. Looking at this thread, I was able to permanently solve my problem by first doing the javascript trick this.selectedAnnots[0].opacity = 1 (with the annotation selected with some trick since it deselects as soon as the mouse is not over it so the annotation is undefined) . After, getting the comment list on the pane, and going to Properties, and check the "Make Properties as default" and click ok. Weird that this happened to everyone of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in the Annots do you find the opacity in order to change it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I found it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For 4 years I wasnt able to fix it until now. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you KP702,

Your suggestion worked a treat.  I have hunted high and low for a way of fixing this.

I am glad I found your post.

Cheers, Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines