Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Open Office "user" color to black in Adobe Pro PDF

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've posted here a few different times as I'm having a few slightly different issues.  I'm publishing a book with several chapters made up of different PDF documents I've combined together.  For some reason I used open office to do the writing over the last 6 years.  When I got the proof copies back I realized that not all the text color is consistent throughout.  Most of it looks like a "normal" black, but there's other text--sometimes showing up here or there and completely the last chapter and a half--that's noticably different; it looks washy and greyish.  When I went back to the open office documents I realized that the text color for these parts was called "user" rather than black.  I know the easy fix would be to just go back over those places and change the color in open office, but it's so quarky that every time I bring up the document I have to completely reformat the spacing and formatting; it literally would take me days.  Is there anything I can do in Adobe to make all the text appear the same color?  I've already tried to simply export as b/w in grayscale but you can still see the difference.  And at least on my screen when I have tried other things like convert everything to sRGB the difference in color remains.  I would so appreciate if anyone has any ideas here.  Thanks so much.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Convert Colors tool under Tools - Print Production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried tinkering around with this but nothing seems to help.  The "normal" black shows as device RGB; the "off" color shows up as "device Gray"; if I try to convert all text to sRGB for instance, it shows everything as "device RGB" but at least on my screen you can still tell there is a difference in color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Hex # color for the majority of the document is simply 00000; whereas the Hex # color for the off-black is 262626.  In EDIT you could change the color with a text box but it messes up the formatting when I do this.  Surely there's a way to change the "hex color" for the whole document?  Please someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I was finally able to figure it out, if anyone else is having a similar issue.  First, I converted the whole document to generic RGB.  Then, I converted the whole document to generic CYMK.  This fixes it.  Hope this can help someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines