• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing order of fixups in Custom Preflight Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one question about changing the order of executing the fixups  in Custom Preflight Profiles...

Ive build a Custom Preflight Profile. It needs to be executed in right order in order to make changes in a way it should be done...

Its custom DTP problem of fixing the dimensions book in PDF format...

Ive made a Custom fixup. It consists of 5 Fixups and i need them to be executed in right order... i mark them from 1-5  http://Untitled-1.jpg

but when i run the fixup it changes the order of execution so it ends up like this...

Untitled-2.jpg

of course because of changed order fixup didnt fulfill its purpose...

is there some way to force order of executing the fixups?

i couldn't find the logic behind this one

thank you!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue behind this was as follows...

i had received a file (pdf book) of 144 or so pages in wrong format (offset was some 10mm in width and some 8mm in height)

Also some instances in book was close to old book margins...

Margin, Crop, Art and Bleed Box was in a completely mess..

Book came with a printed crop and registration marks...

Because of that i needed to do this (in exact order):

1. Reset all media Boxes to Media Box  ( 1. Auto correct page geometry boxes)

2.Inset Trim Box 3 mm on every side

3. Scale page content only to specified value (i used some 98% decrease of page content to insure visibility of all page instances after page scaling )

4. Scale page to specified size ( i entered here real size of the book)

5. Remove page objects witch are completely outside of Trim Box  ( to remove old registration and crop marks )

But, executing this Custom fixup results in wrong order so in this case registration marks remained in place ...

I managed to get satisfactory results by defining every fixup as a variable  ( Giving custom name is a must otherwise it wont work ) then run Custom Fixup twice ( @First Run Fixups 1-4 and @ Second Run Fixup no 5)

Actually i often have this problem when i want to make some custom ordered fixups...

Many times order of executions of fixups It of essential impotance... 

Is it possible to make this as an feature request for future versions somehow?

Where this can be done?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I am in a similar situation and want to just run 1 profile instead of having to manually run each check in the order I need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might have better luck saving individual preflight profiles and using the Action Wizard to create an action to run them in the desired order. Go to Tools> Action Wizard> New Action> Document Processing> Preflight> to add your profiles (settings). Uncheck the Prompt user checkbox or the action will pause and wait for input at each profile. Add Save & Export> Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot thank you enough. I ended up making profiles with just 1 fixup in them as I do not trust them to do it correctly with more, but this Action Wizard is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. You have just saved me oodles of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but how about using this solution when your fixups contain variables? Running an action with fixups that depend on variables seems to bypass the pop-up window that allows you to specify the variables' values.

Is there any other way to run a number of fix ups that rely on variables in order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines