• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing "Confirm before tagging" setting via Registry

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summary : need to change "Confirm before taffing document" setting via Registry keys.

I am working on a deplyable Bot that will automate some tasks in a PDF using Winium. In order to have access to the UI elements within a PDF, I first need to uncheck the "Confirm before tagging document" option found in Preference > Reading > Screan Reader Options > "Confirm...".

In order to make this Bot deployable to all machines, I would need to be able to change this setting programatically, ideally through the windows registry. But I can't seem to find that setting anywhere.

I looked in the Adobe regristry reference... but found nothing 

(https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/index.html)

Please let me know if there is a solution to this.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Found it : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2017\Accessibility\bCheckReadMode

For some weird reason the UI tree within the doc is still inaccessible when opening the doc until I open and close the preference though...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2017\Accessibility\bCheckReadMode

For some weird reason the UI tree within the doc is still inaccessible when opening the doc until I open and close the preference though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you find  it? What document did you used to verify this?

I would also check in bCheckReadMode depends on other keys that also may need to be modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up looking through all the keys I could find and testing any that had a name and a locTion that might have something to do with what I was looking for... long and frustrating process.

To verify I just closed the acrobat, changed the setting in the registry. Opened acrobat again and looked at the settings in preferences to see if they changed. They did.

hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good deal!

Thank you for sharing that solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines