Highlighted

Changing the default size aspect of form field elements

Advocate ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way (even tricky one) to define the default size of field when created. Like the default size of a text field is 150pt x 22pt. Is there a way to change that default value.

I’m aware we can change the size after in various ways, or set some aspects to be used as default. But I’m looking a way to change the default.

The answer is probably no. But I want to ask anyways! 🙂 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

In Prepare Form mode, right-click a field that has the size you want to use and select Use Current Properties as New Defaults.

The next time you add a field (of that type) by clicking the page (not by drawing it), it will have the exact dimensions of this field.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing the default size aspect of form field elements

Advocate ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way (even tricky one) to define the default size of field when created. Like the default size of a text field is 150pt x 22pt. Is there a way to change that default value.

I’m aware we can change the size after in various ways, or set some aspects to be used as default. But I’m looking a way to change the default.

The answer is probably no. But I want to ask anyways! 🙂 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

In Prepare Form mode, right-click a field that has the size you want to use and select Use Current Properties as New Defaults.

The next time you add a field (of that type) by clicking the page (not by drawing it), it will have the exact dimensions of this field.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an existing pdf with the lines already drawn, so technically I am just editin it. What do you mean by "In prepare form mode". Right now I have it open in adobe editor mode.

I dont see an option to select width of line.

Thanks for the clarification.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Prepare Form mode" is the mode in Acrobat in which you can add and edit fields.

The question was not about "width of line", but about the size of the field.  I'm not sure what you mean by "width of line", but if it's the width of the border, that should be saved as well when you select the option I mentioned.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @try67 that’s what I have just discovered. 

I can create an empty page with differents style for my box, and just select one of them to change the behavior for next one draw. Than come back an set another aspect. Nice!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0