Changing the Font Size of a Text Box in Acrobat 9 Pro

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 Pro

Mac 10.6

Text Box

How does one change the font size after the text has been entered into the text box.

The Properties Bar is no help. It appears to have NOTHING to do with the font type or size.

Has this "feature" been removed from Acrobat 9 Pro???

Thanks,

John Orban

The Country School

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing the Font Size of a Text Box in Acrobat 9 Pro

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 Pro

Mac 10.6

Text Box

How does one change the font size after the text has been entered into the text box.

The Properties Bar is no help. It appears to have NOTHING to do with the font type or size.

Has this "feature" been removed from Acrobat 9 Pro???

Thanks,

John Orban

The Country School

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2009 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By using the Tools>Advanced Editing>Touch-Up Text Tools and highlighting the text, the Properties line from the Contextual menu will allow you to change the size of the text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2009 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that doesn't work. I guess my copy of Acrobat is messed up or something.

Tools --> Advanced Editing --> Touch Up Text Tool doesn't give me anything about font size. I which I could post a screen shot, but can't.

Used to be when you selected text, the Properties Bar would change to allow you to set the font style and size, but no more...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2009 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean a text form field? If so, right-click it with the Select Object tool, go to Properties, Appearance, and then set the Font Size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2009 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never could express myself well...maybe that's why I'm in IT.

I have a PDF file. Rather than printing it out and filling in the PDF form I want to put a text box on top of the lines on which I would write.

I have my signature scanned in and is a stamp which I glom on at the end of the document, so for all intents and purposes the finished document is as good as a printed out, filled in, faxed back document. Saves paper, trees, the whales, all that good stuff.

HOWEVER, I am mentally challenged when it comes to changing the font size (or font type) for that matter of the text that goes inside the text box that you create from the toolbar.

I can select the text and make it bold, etc. I can change the color of the text box border and background, but for the life of me can't find where the text SIZE is located.

Thanks,

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2009 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood what you wanted to do. It's just not clear which tool you used

to create the text box.

Which toolbar are you referring to? What icon did you click to draw the text

box you're talking about?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2009 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro 9 there is a tool called Typewriter. If you click it and choose show Typewriter Tool Bar you will get a new window where you can choose the fornt and size of the type you have entered. You may need to enter something and then highlight it to enable changing the size and font. Using the commenting tools is not the way to go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2009 1
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Typewriter Tool: lets you change the Font, Size, and Color but not make text Bold, Underline, Italic. Also: No border arount the text "box".

The Text Box tool lets you make text Bold, Underline, Italic and place a colored border around the text box, but you cannot change the Font, Size, and Color.

I want ot be able to change the Size and make some of it Bold and have a Border. I'm screwed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0