• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Check Box Conditional Fields

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a calibration sheet with 4 calibration checks.  I want to make an overall field that says the instrument "passes" or "fails" based off the 4 calibration criteria.  Calibration Check 1 either passes or fails(using check boxes), Calibration Check 2 either passes or fails (using check boxes), Calibration Check 3 either passes or fails (using check boxes), and Calibration Check 4 either passes or fails (using check boxes).  I want to make the top field stating the instrument "Passes" or "Fails".  If all check boxes have a check mark under Pass, then top field will say "Pass", and if one of the four check boxes falls in the check mark under Fail, then the top field will say "Fail".  Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

The checkbox naming looks correct. The #0 and #1 are widget numbers. Each instance of the same field is called a widget. This #0 and #1 does not actually exist in the field name, it is just an indicator on the field listing   

Did you set the export values for the checkboxes?  The pass checkbox must export "Pass" for the script to work.  It must match exactly, with the same case. Details are critical in programming. And to that end, I just spotted an error in my code, appologies. Here is the c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An easy way to do this is to name the 4 checkboxes with group naming. For example "CalCheck.ck1" "CalCheck.ck2" etc.

You've stated that for each check there are two check boxes, one of Pass and one for Fail. These checkboxes will need to have the same name so that they work together. But each will need a different export value. Set the exports to "Pass" and "Fail".  To be clear, you will have 8 checkboxes in 4 groups. The check boxes in each group will have the same name, but different export values.  

If you setup the checkboxes as described aboove, then put this code in the calculation script for the field that will show pass fail text.

event.value = this.getField("CalCheck").every(function(a){return a.value=="Pass";})?"Pass":"Fail";

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have my 8 check boxes in 4 groups I believe. I then have my text box at the top with the calculation script recommended.  I am unsure that my groupings are correct though as I can't get a "Pass" or "Fail" to output to my Text Box. My check boxes have names of "CalCheck.ck1#1" and "CalCheck.ck1#0" and then same thing for other groups except ".ck2", etc. I am clearly overlooking something and it's probably simple.Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The checkbox naming looks correct. The #0 and #1 are widget numbers. Each instance of the same field is called a widget. This #0 and #1 does not actually exist in the field name, it is just an indicator on the field listing   

Did you set the export values for the checkboxes?  The pass checkbox must export "Pass" for the script to work.  It must match exactly, with the same case. Details are critical in programming. And to that end, I just spotted an error in my code, appologies. Here is the correction. It's missing the function that gets the array of grouped fields. 

event.value = this.getField("CalCheck").getArray().every(function(a){return a.value=="Pass";})?"Pass":"Fail";

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will show "Fail"  until all 4 are "Pass" even when none are checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the corrected calculation fixed the problem!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines