Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Check boxes are not read when converted to PDF on Pro

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have an form created on Word with text prompts and independent check boxes. I would like to save it as a PDF and then make the form fillable. When I perform this action, only the text prompts are fillable and the check boxed have a small text prompt next to it. In parts of the form, some questions require a Yes/No answer and only the Yes boxes have prompts next to them while the No boxes do not. I tried to create a separate check box for each prompt but this is taking a lot time because I have to resize the boxes and I have over 40 questions on this form. Is there an automated way to get Adobe to read the check boxes on my Word to PDF convered form? Please kindly help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Yes, but it requires using a script, like this (paid-for) one I've created that identifies Wingdings characters and creates check-boxes or radio-buttons on top of them with 100% accuracy: http://try67.blogspot.com/2015/09/acrobatreader-convert-wingdings-to.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but it requires using a script, like this (paid-for) one I've created that identifies Wingdings characters and creates check-boxes or radio-buttons on top of them with 100% accuracy: http://try67.blogspot.com/2015/09/acrobatreader-convert-wingdings-to.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines