Highlighted

Check boxes within an editable PDF

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've made some editable forms (in Adobe PRO DC) - all going super well EXCEPT ...  I have a page with multiple check boxes (have these experienced this that or the other health condition - as part of a registration form) but when I email it to myself to check it, all the boxes are already checked.

I right-clicked the properties & notice there is a check box you can select if you WANT them all to be ticked already, but I definitely don't have this ticked.  I also ticked 'locked' in that box, but they are still all ticked.

Is it something to do with a checkbox earlier being selected that automatically selects all these?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Caro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Check boxes within an editable PDF

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've made some editable forms (in Adobe PRO DC) - all going super well EXCEPT ...  I have a page with multiple check boxes (have these experienced this that or the other health condition - as part of a registration form) but when I email it to myself to check it, all the boxes are already checked.

I right-clicked the properties & notice there is a check box you can select if you WANT them all to be ticked already, but I definitely don't have this ticked.  I also ticked 'locked' in that box, but they are still all ticked.

Is it something to do with a checkbox earlier being selected that automatically selects all these?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Caro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app does you use to view the form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

Well I had emailed it to myself - when I clicked it, it automatically opened in Adobe PRO DC - but I just tried again, after shutting that down.  It opens in Adobe Reader.

Cheers,

Caro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again - sorry we may be on different time zones.  It's just after 9am here.

But sure - happy to share my form (interim branding) - I'm studying Functional Nutrition & we had to create brands & then personalise some of the forms from the College.

BUT ... I can't see how to attach it on this forum?  Only attach a link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just put it in to dropbox - here's the link.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7du3s2l3o9croe/The%20Wellness%20Depot%20-%20Registration%20Form%20FILL%20...

Also on the medications page it's annoying how it chopped off the right hand border of the table.

It was well within the page borders - but I'm guessing if you need to make changes to the original file, you have to start the whole PDF form again.  For instance, I'm going to have a finalised logo so I'll need to swap that out.

Anyway at least I know how to do it now - but filling in all the titles for those check boxes was a bit cumbersome.

Cheers in advance,

Caro 😁

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset the form, email it to myself, the checkboxes in the received file are not checked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

I'm so sorry - I didn't see a notification that you had responded again.

How did you "reset the form" as it still looks exactly the same for me.

Cheers,

Caro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Tools > Prepare Form at the More dropdown:

Bild1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful.  I'll give this a go, & am sure it will work.

Thanks so much for your support & patience.

Much appreciated,

Caro 😁 🙏🏼

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF