• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checkboxes not showing checked in acrobat dc

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I created a new fillable pdf form using Adobe Acrobat DC. The document was created in InDesign, then opened with Acrobat DC. I selected tools, prepare form, and allowed DC to find fields. All worked well. I deleted the text boxes it placed in the squares I created in InDesign for my check boxes. I created the boxes in InDesign so that users can print and fill as needed. I added in checkboxes with default properties. Long story short, when I open the form in Acrobat DC and click the checkbox fields, it does not show as checked. It is just blank. However, if I open the pdf using Microsoft Edge, all checkboxes work and show perfectly fine. All other features work properly such as text fields, number fields, radial buttons, etc. It is only the check boxes that are not working properly. Any ideas?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a sample somewhere so we can take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, this is usually caused by having the Zapf Dingbats font installed. If you do, try uninstalling it and relaunching Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm! Thank you! I deleted Zapf Dingbats and restarted Acrobat and the check boxes are now showing up properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You sir are a hero.  I second this solution as working.  I've been pulling my hair out for ages trying to figure out this bug and then I ran accross this post and after casting ITC Zapf Dingbats into a lake of fire, the checkboxes started working perfectly.   Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I resolved this issue by following steps.

Open writable pdf in acrobat reader dc and right click on checkbox. Open properties of checkbox element. Where there will be properties "Visible but does'nt print". Change it to "Visible" so it will be visible and also print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that in Acrobat Reader. You probably mean just Acrobat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, It's acrobat reader DC, It is used to make writable pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with Acrobat Reader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this issue by changing the border of the check box from teal to black, using Prepare Forms > Select Checkboxes > Properties > Appearance > Border Colour. Very annoying glitch as I needed to fix 70 forms with hundereds of check boxes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common problem, which causes havoc with documents that are filed electronically at the courthouse. Attorneys will prepare their documents and submit them electronically. But when their documents arrive, the boxes that they have checked show as unchecked. The workaround for some law firms is to manually check the boxes with a pen, scan the form, then email the scanned image. Adobe Acrobat is an unnecessarily complex, illogical and poorly managed program, which the typical well-educated person cannot figure out.    'The first thing we do, let's kill all the software programmer team managers...''     â€”not Shakespeare      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very bad workaround. A much better one is to flatten the file, converting the check-boxes added to it to static contents. Also, if a proper PDF viewer (such as Adobe Reader) is used to view the file there's no reason for them not to show up in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines