• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click-thru PDF to use in browser

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a print booklet in InDesign for an event... but that event is now going to be a Zoom presentation. My team wants the booklet made into a PDF that our event "Zoom attendees" can open in their browser window and Click-to-page-thru as they watch the Zoom presentation. Needless to say we have no way of knowing what platforms our viewers will be using, and we DON'T want them fumbling to install ANY special software as they are watching the Zoom presentation. Seems incredibly simple to just make a PDF with spreads people can click thru, but for all the million print PDFs I've made... I can't bloody figure this out! I DON'T need a "page curl" animation. I just need the book to navigate forward or backward 1 page!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to do that without knowing what features the viewer will support, or won't support. I also don't recommend it because if it's a full page button, for example, it will cover the text and prevent them from highlighting or copying it.
But any PDF viewer in the world has a built-in command to switch to the next page. I don't see why you'd want to re-invent the wheel... Just have them use whatever command their viewers have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Argh, yes, but sadly I can't control what the client is requesting! Nor have we any means of knowing what the various Zoom participants will be using. I might end up using some 3rd party software for the click thru. First I will retry an interactive PDF version with Buttons. For some reason the first several times I tried this, the Next Page buttons work and the Previous Page buttons don't. Perhaps I'm simply saving the PDF in the wrong format. Also, when I make a Link of the PDF to appear in browser, it then gets Commenting and Editing tools —which normally are what I'd need—but in this case I don't. This has turned into a schedule-destroying bear of a project for something so seemingly simple.

—

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines