Highlighted

cloud sharing

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Adobe so i have 2 newbie questions.

1) I have the teams version of Adobe DC and i'd like to be able to share my Adobe cloud drive so that everyone who is subscribed can reach into the same folder to find my documents?  Is there a way to share the cloud drive without the need for emails etc.

2) The courts here will not accept locked documents.  However, i like the Adobe Sign features which directs the recipient where to sign and the automated email features.  Is there a way to use these features without locking the document?  Alternatively, the reason the courts won't accept locked documents is because they cannot digitially stamp such documents?  Is there a way to attach a digital stamp to locked document?

thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

cloud sharing

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Adobe so i have 2 newbie questions.

1) I have the teams version of Adobe DC and i'd like to be able to share my Adobe cloud drive so that everyone who is subscribed can reach into the same folder to find my documents?  Is there a way to share the cloud drive without the need for emails etc.

2) The courts here will not accept locked documents.  However, i like the Adobe Sign features which directs the recipient where to sign and the automated email features.  Is there a way to use these features without locking the document?  Alternatively, the reason the courts won't accept locked documents is because they cannot digitially stamp such documents?  Is there a way to attach a digital stamp to locked document?

thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) You can upload your file to the Document Cloud directly from within Acrobat, there's no need to email it.

You can use the Share panel to share it with others.

2) A signature that doesn't lock the file is not really a digital signature. You can use one of the commenting tools to do it, but it's important to understand it's not worth much and can be easily removed, edited, copied to another file, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the quick response.  I did make use of the share function but was unclear whether "sharing" a document meant that i was giving access to the document shared on my cloud or just giving access to the document generally?

Regarding the signature, i fully understand the irony of the court only accepting less secure documents.  Their reason is that they cannot digitially stamp (ie edit) a locked document.  Is there any solution for them?  Is there a way to afix a digital stamp to a locked document?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- You're giving access to the document via the cloud.

- No. The entire point behind a digital signature is to prevent the file from being edited (and to verify who signed it), and stamping a file certainly counts as editing it... Instead of stamping it, they should also digitally sign it. That is allowed, and the digital signature can be set to look like a stamp, while keeping the original signature in tact.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0