Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code to add/delete a table row in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts,

I am struggling with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and tables. I dont really know how to create a table in DC. In this documentation I can't do step 2, don't find the "create table" part (https://helpx.adobe.com/incopy/using/creating-tables.html).

What I have previously done in AdobeLiveCycle Designer is to create a table and place a "add"-button and a "delete"-button as column in the table row in order to make the table dynamic and give the user the opportunity to define hisself how many rows he needs.

Something like this:

Dynamic_Table.jpg

My problem was with the PDF created out of AdobeLiveCycle Designer, that the filled out PDF form couldn't be saved - just printed as PDF. There I got the hint, that we need another Adobe license. Therefore, I use now Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Is a dynamic table (with add/delete-buttons) possible in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC? If yes, how?

Thanks so much for tips.

Best Regards, Deborah

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

There are no dynamic tables in Acroforms. There are no tables at all. Just collections of form fields, which might happen to be arranged in a fixed layout. Some might be hidden.

The level of conversion needed is so great, I suggest you look at the bigger picture and see if a different technology, such as HTML forms, would deliver more what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no dynamic tables in Acroforms. There are no tables at all. Just collections of form fields, which might happen to be arranged in a fixed layout. Some might be hidden.

The level of conversion needed is so great, I suggest you look at the bigger picture and see if a different technology, such as HTML forms, would deliver more what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thanks for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, the file you linked to says how to arrange static content in fixed tables. It isn't about forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link refers the help of Adobe InCopy. It is not the documentation of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines