Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colleagues unable to fill Adobe Form created by me

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone else has had the same issue as me. I designed an Adobe Form via Acrobat DC and then saved it. When I email it to work colleagues they are unable to fill the form in using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

None of the fields highlight as fillable and the form looks static.

When I reopen the form myself using Adobe Acrobat Reader it looks all fine and I can fill in the form without any issues.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Hi Pkim

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described your work colleagues are unable to fill the form using Adobe Acrobat Reader as none of the fields highlight as fillable and the form looks static.

Please try to save the PDF form as Reader Extended as follows:

1. Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC

2. Go to Files > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools (Includes Form Fill in and Save) and then share the PDF with your colleagues and check.

Also make sure

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pkim

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described your work colleagues are unable to fill the form using Adobe Acrobat Reader as none of the fields highlight as fillable and the form looks static.

Please try to save the PDF form as Reader Extended as follows:

1. Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC

2. Go to Files > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools (Includes Form Fill in and Save) and then share the PDF with your colleagues and check.

Also make sure they have the latest version 21.01.20145 of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal.

My next question is can the same PDF form be completed by two different people?

For example, person 1 completes top half of the form, saves it then emails the form to their manager. The manager then opens the PDF and completes the bottom half of the same form? Or does PDF form become static after the first person completes the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Does the first person signs the PDF form before saving and sending to their manager  for completion of the second half of the form? If yes, once the PDF form is signed, it gets locked for further changes.

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Yes so the first person fills in some fields in the form and signs it. The person then sends it to her manager to get a signature of approval. So on the form there's actually 2 signature fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in response. For more information about sending documents for signature please check out the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/send-for-signature.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines