Highlighted

Color Picker, Line Thickness and Text Properties not working on custom toolbar

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom toolbar I will need to share with others. The Color Picker, Line Thickness and Text Properties in my toolbar don't work. The menu doesn't appear like its working with the Comments toolbar.

It only shows the color previously chose (with the Comments toolbar) but we cannot change directly in my custom toolbar. Can someone help?

Custom toolbar below

prob.jpg

Comments toolbar below

prob2.jpg
Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color Picker, Line Thickness and Text Properties not working on custom toolbar

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom toolbar I will need to share with others. The Color Picker, Line Thickness and Text Properties in my toolbar don't work. The menu doesn't appear like its working with the Comments toolbar.

It only shows the color previously chose (with the Comments toolbar) but we cannot change directly in my custom toolbar. Can someone help?

Custom toolbar below

prob.jpg

Comments toolbar below

prob2.jpg
Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jadel,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

As you have mentioned, we have checked that the feature (Color Picker, Line thickness, and Text Properties) when added in the custom toolbar does not work as it does under the comments toolbar.

However, you may change these properties using the "Ctrl+E" keys on your keyboard that opens the properties window for each tool. 

For further investigation on this behavior, would you mind sharing the current Acrobat and OS version on the machine? You may use the suggested steps in the following help document to check the applicaiton version: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

thanks you for the quick answer and for helping.

I use Acrobat Pro DC on a Windows 10 OS.

adobe version.jpg

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: wow there is a whole paragraph that just did disapeared from my answer. the one I was explaining. 

This toolbar will be shared on 25 laptops with Windows 10 and will be used to annot and draw on PDF form. At this point i'm not sure which version of Acrobat DC Pro will be installed on these laptops.
The Ctrl+E shortcuts can't be a solution because i need to keep it very simple. Even change the color is borderline too much. The best would have been if I was able to put a red circle, a blue circle, a red marker, etc directly on the toolbar for them to pick. But I guess it's not possible. Or is it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Thank you for sharing the information. Please allow us some time to get this checked on our end.

We will get back with more information on this.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be a problem of the third part plugin.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the third party plugin?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"THD Annotions" is not a plugin from Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not. This is the name of my custom toolbar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help. I don't know what you have done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
arvindy LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jadel11070947,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused! We are looking into the issue.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, could you please use “Customize Quick Tools” and add the needed tools in quick toolbar. I hope Color Picker, Line Thickness and Text Properties would work when you use these tools from quick toolbar.

Regards,

Arvind

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0