• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color scans are creating dark grey background on PDF's, and I need background to be white

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color scans are creating dark grey background on PDF's, and I need background to be white. I can scan in black and white, and this is a non issue, but I need the images to be the correct color. Is there a setting change that I can make. The user is using Adobe Acrobat 11 Standard.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Hi JohnnyIES,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try background removal tool in Acrobat and see if that helps. Under tools > document processing > optimize scanned pdf, click edit under filters > background removal > high.

Below is the screenshot:

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohnnyIES,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try background removal tool in Acrobat and see if that helps. Under tools > document processing > optimize scanned pdf, click edit under filters > background removal > high.

Below is the screenshot:

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same question, I have followed the instructions but there are no changes on aplying changes.

Is there any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions and it made no change, this was a scanned document that was opened in adobe , all the scanned/signed docs came into dropbox all with grey backgrounds,

we are waiting for anyone else who could suggest a fix, Ive been at this all day with no outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only quick fix solution is upload the document on https://www.scanwritr.com/ and click the contrast button. It will clear the background. It is a paid software, but you can download with the 'scanwritr' water mark at the bottom.The free version works on a per page basis. For mulitple pages, you need  to pay.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems great but I can't believe there is not a way to do this via adobe. It seems so obvious! Also, is it possible to use the "contrast" tool on multiple pages at the same time? There's not a lot of info on their site re. the advantages of paying, aside from watermark removal, which really doesn't bother me that much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked to remove the gray but when I downloaded it the file came up blank.  I am using a Mac Pro computer and Canon TSl520 printer/scanner.  I'm trying the free version on one page. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines