• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine files, right click context menu for combine now missing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have always been able to combine 3 or more pdf files for sending for signature and now the drop down option to combine is missing.

Have acrobat pro dc cloud for teams.

I am on a Windows 10 machine which was upgraded from Windows 8, but has worked post upgrade.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Richard,

You may try the suggestions from this help page: Troubleshoot Acrobat PDFMaker issues in Microsoft Office on Windows

Also, you may try enabling an Admin user account and check if that makes any difference.

If above suggestions don't help. Let us know your contact information via private message: How Do I Send Private Message

-Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

You may visit this thread: Acrobat Pro X combine context menu is present, it's just blank.

Use the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  Uninstall Acrobat, restart your machine and then install back.

Try again and let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq

Many thanks for your reply.

The thread you refer to is not entirely relevant as my context menu isn't just blank. When I highlight 2 or more PDF's and right click I used to have an option to combine, I no longer have that option at all or even a blank space. I downloaded the cleaner tool, ran it and re installed Acrobat Pro DC, re started pc and nothing has changed. The other 2 pc's which are on the same account and network do not have this problem.

Regards

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

If you launch Microsoft Word do you see Acrobat Tab among the ribbon at the top in Word UI?

Also, try registering context menu Dll's : Adobe Acrobat X context menu missing | 64-bit Windows 7   path mentioned on this link is old so you may navigate to new path on your machine.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq

I have adjusted the file path and re-registered the dll successfully.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenu64.dll"

In Microsoft word the adobe ribbon menu is present.

After a reboot the context menu for combining files is still not present when I select multiple PDFs for combining.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

You may try the suggestions from this help page: Troubleshoot Acrobat PDFMaker issues in Microsoft Office on Windows

Also, you may try enabling an Admin user account and check if that makes any difference.

If above suggestions don't help. Let us know your contact information via private message: How Do I Send Private Message

-Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines