Highlighted

Combine more A4 pages into one huge page?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I often take pdf web page captures, the problem is that the software, Adobe Acrobat Dc 2018 or other, splits them into several A4 pages and suddenly cuts right in the middle of the images or the table. Since these pdf are not intended for printing I would like to merge all A4 pages into one and the same pages, which will result in one huge page.
Is it possible to do this manipulation with Adobe Acrobat Dc or other and if so how?

I put a capture and the pdf as an example so that you can test if you want.
Can you help me please ?

Ps: Please answer in simple English because I am French and I use Google Translate.
Thank you ^^

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Combine more A4 pages into one huge page?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I often take pdf web page captures, the problem is that the software, Adobe Acrobat Dc 2018 or other, splits them into several A4 pages and suddenly cuts right in the middle of the images or the table. Since these pdf are not intended for printing I would like to merge all A4 pages into one and the same pages, which will result in one huge page.
Is it possible to do this manipulation with Adobe Acrobat Dc or other and if so how?

I put a capture and the pdf as an example so that you can test if you want.
Can you help me please ?

Ps: Please answer in simple English because I am French and I use Google Translate.
Thank you ^^

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adaline,

If they are just for your viewing (and not for printing), I'd suggest you use the free "Print Friendly" website. This is not affileated with Adobe at all.

Some websites do provide "print" options for saving but many do not.

What Print Friendly does provide is the option to view what you will get before you either Print or PDF the page and this included removing adds, images, or other items you do not want to keep in your PDF. Just mouse-over the undesired content and click on the trash can icon. 

Just go to https://www.printfriendly.com and follow the instructions for your browser. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, I just tried but I click on the "Print" button of the site and then in my "print in pdf" browser or that I click on the "PDF" button of the site:
1) The layout is not the same as the web page, and in addition in the preview on the site, the web page is not split but in the final file they are split
2) The layout between what we see on the screen and differs from the final file.
3) On the other hand it splits the pages well without cutting the tables.
So there is better but I would still like to keep the layout of the original page.
Do you have another idea or parameter please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adaline,

Did you try Print Friendly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my previous answer concerns precisely Print Friendly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, OK, 

When I first read that I thought you had clicked a "Print" button on the web page in question. Also, you tapped your comment as the correct answer, not mine. If you find this a viable approach for you, please tap my suggestion as the correct answer so that others may benefit.

Glad I could help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adaline,

One last thought in reference you wanting "just right" results. 

The only way you can get that is if you were to take all of the parts of any page and rebuild them to your specifications. There are conflicting issues going on and any locking in of one attribute, say width, has to be adjusted by another attribute, say length. When you add images into the mix, and not wanting them cut into strips, you have further complications. 

Lastly, I know of no saving to PDF format for websites that does not consider adding page breaks and that adds yet one more complication. 

FWIW, in years past I might take a web page, copy and save the text, copy and save the images, and reconstruct the whole thing to my liking. (I obvioulsy had too much time on my hands at that point in my life.) 

There is a lot going on under the skin on these things, please accept what you can get but that doesn't mean you can't keep looking. Until Print Friendly I was constantly looking for something better. For me, that is the best I've found.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thanks for your help, i will wait, if other person have a better solution here.
Have a good day

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
bebarth. LATEST
Participant ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I answered you on the French pdf forum, but if you come more frequently on this one, here is what I suggest to you.

Run the attached script from the Acrobat Pro console.

// Indiquer la marge (mm)
var marge=10;
//
var mm2pt=72/25.4;
var margin=marge*mm2pt;
var aRect=this.getPageBox("Crop");
var nbPages=this.numPages;
var Chemin=this.path;
var CheminSansExtension=Chemin.substring(0,Chemin.length-4);
this.newPage(nbPages,aRect[2],((nbPages*aRect[1])-(margin*(nbPages-1))));
for (var p=0; p<nbPages; p++) {
    this.addWatermarkFromFile({
        cDIPath: Chemin,
        nSourcePage: p,
        nStart: nbPages,
        nEnd: nbPages,
        nVertAlign: app.constants.align.top,
        nVertValue: ((margin*2)-aRect[1])*p,
    });
}
this.deletePages(0,nbPages-1);
app.execMenuItem("FitWidth");
this.saveAs(CheminSansExtension+" (en 1 page).pdf");

You have to indicate in the script the printing margin because I don't know how do that via JavaScript and I think it is not possible (if anyone knows...).

I hope this will help you.

@+

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF