Highlighted

combine PDF Files option is missing from adobe Acrobat DC in the right click menu under windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our computers is running the latest version of adobe acrobat and it used to be able to combine multiple PDF files in Explorer by selecting the files, right clicking, and clicking on “Combine supported files in Acrobat”. I am not exactly sure when this happened, but it no longer shows that option, I am probably guessing that adobe removed that feature in an update without telling us. But here is a list of things we have tried to fix the issue: 
1. removing and reinstalling adobe acrobat.
2. repairing the adobe acrobat installation
3. updating to the latest version of adobe acrobat from Acrobat X
4. doing the regsvr command to register the context menu in the command prompt
5. modifying the registry to make the context menu appear in windows
6. using the registry cleaner tool in CCleaner to fix any possible registry issues that could be causing the issue.
All of these listed solutions did not fix the problem, if anyone has any other possible solutions, please let me know. Thanks for your time!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

combine PDF Files option is missing from adobe Acrobat DC in the right click menu under windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our computers is running the latest version of adobe acrobat and it used to be able to combine multiple PDF files in Explorer by selecting the files, right clicking, and clicking on “Combine supported files in Acrobat”. I am not exactly sure when this happened, but it no longer shows that option, I am probably guessing that adobe removed that feature in an update without telling us. But here is a list of things we have tried to fix the issue: 
1. removing and reinstalling adobe acrobat.
2. repairing the adobe acrobat installation
3. updating to the latest version of adobe acrobat from Acrobat X
4. doing the regsvr command to register the context menu in the command prompt
5. modifying the registry to make the context menu appear in windows
6. using the registry cleaner tool in CCleaner to fix any possible registry issues that could be causing the issue.
All of these listed solutions did not fix the problem, if anyone has any other possible solutions, please let me know. Thanks for your time!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel_II,

The right click option to combine files in Acrobat is still available. We did check it on our end and it is working fine.

As the option does not appear for you, could you please confirm if you are using the Acrobat X on the machine?

If yes, would like to inform you tat Acrobat X is an old and unsupported version. This version is not tested on Windows 10 and you may experience issues while using this application version on latest OS.

You have mentioned that the application is updated to latest version. Would you mind sharing the application version number? You may take help of the steps provided in the following link to check that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

You may try reseting the application preferences. Refer to the followong link to check the steps for resetting the preferences:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511

Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The computer is using Adobe Acrobat DC Version 20.006.20034. (It turns out that it wasn't using Adobe Acrobat X) I will try resetting the Application prefrences and I will get back to you. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried accessing the link to reset the application prefrences and it had me enter a username and it said to basically contact the person who gave the link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I found a different link (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...) to reset application prefrences because the link you provided wasn't accessible to me, and that didn't work. Are there any other things I could try doing to fix this issue? Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like help with this issue as well. I have a new install of Acrobat Pro 2017 and this function is not working. Has this plug-in been removed or is Windows 10 blocking it somehow?

VersionVersion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0