• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

combine pdf = outputs a binder file with just black nois but no errors

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to combine two pdf i acrobat standard DC on one pc this works fine but on a another it wont.

The output file is looking like the added picture.

Is on the same account, i reinstalled acrobat but no change.

Any ideas??

binder 4.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything was working fine before, can you confirm if this started happening after updating your Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the combined PDF works fine on one PC and not on other.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to combine a different set of PDF files and check if that is working fine or not/

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that works for you.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use latest version and it Standard DC and not PRO.

I have tried the guide for Amal but it seems to only work a time or two an the problem is back.

treid diffrent pdf`s and the will combine fine on a another pc with standard DC and on a PRO version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using in that computer and what type of processor?

For example, Is this a Lenovo computer with an AMD (not Intel)  processor using an OEM-provided drivers version with Micrososft Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The laptop is a acer Aspire 5 with a AMD quad core A10-9620P 2,5Ghz

8gb ddr4 ram

runs windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you manually force an update of the chipset drivers (not the video card or display drivers) using the the AMD support website instead of applying the updates automatically via MS Windows?

Also, have you tried running Acrobat in that computer in Compatibility mode ? Try to run Acrobat in compatibility mode for MS Windows 8 or Windows 7 (just for troubleshooting purposes).

I am starting to wonder that AMD powered computers are acting out with Acrobat.

There's other forums of users reporting similar issues to yours, specifically with  Lenovo computers users that have AMD processors.

I have an 10 year old Lenovo computer with an Intel processor that doesn't run into this type of problems.

In my other eMachines with AMD, for example, I have to run Acrobat in Compatibility Mode because it crashes frequently on Windows 10.

See if this assumption could be your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i have tried the things above but nothing changed

one thing i found out now was if i open acrobat and select the two pdf`s the i shall combine form the recent opend list and click combine on the right side it combines the files fine. but if i the cancel that binder and try again i get the error output file. if i close acrobat and do this again form the recent list it works the first time but not the second.

and if i select combinde form the tools list and opens the two files and then combine the i also get the error file.

Don`t this then have to be a acrobat error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you might've discovered a bug, in which case you may report it to Adobe using this form:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines