Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine PDFs from context menu does not work

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a strange issue I've been fighting for a few days now where the right-click context menu selection to combine multiple PDFs into a single PDF does not work.  It returns an error indicating the license is expired or invalid.  Although if I open Acrobat directly and perform the task from within the program it works just fine!  Just wondering if anyone else has come across this in the past?

Adobe Acrobat DC v20.013.20074

Thank you in advance for any insight!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is that a new behaviour since an update/upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies, I was out of the office yesterday.

It's a new behavior, technically.  Our license expired back in November and administration determined we were going to use a different license.  It has taken until now to secure said license. 

The old application was removed and the new one installed, I did not realize at the time however that there was an additional .exe that needed to be ran to install our license.  The first thing the user tried to do was to combine multiple PDF files into one (a common task required of him, and one which he is behind on) and he received the error indicating the license was expired or invalid.  When we lauched the application we were met with the sign in screen. 

After running the other .exe the application now opens just fine and functions just like we would expect it to.  Even the combine PDF task functions as we expect it to, as long as he initiates the task from inside the application.  If he simply navigates to the files in explorer, right clicks, and chooses to combine the files from the context menu then he's met with the error.

The application was installed along with the license on another machine and it works without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines