• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine pre-selected files in Acrobat - Simply

Contributor ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to get Acrobat Pro DC (running under Windows 10) to create new PDF files by combining files on disk. It would appear, from the interface, that I can select two files on disk, right click, and combine those files in Acrobat. The options are different, depending on whether PDF files or another format are selected.

John_Allred_2-1590873156884.png

John_Allred_1-1590873082121.png

When I click on "Combine files in Acrobat, I get a familiar screen that would make it seem I can simply "Save as" and select a new file name for the combined file. But this is not the case.

John_Allred_3-1590873312205.png

From this point forward, no matter what options I choose, I'm into a completely foreign process. It's as if Acrobat will show me the files I've selected and imported/opened, as shown above, but not allow me to perform any action on them. I think I can get to a place where I can save the files as a portfolio, but I have never explored portfolios, having found no need for them yet.

Am I missing something? After I select my files and move forward through Acrobat's menu options, I don't find a way to save a new file with those files as contents. 

I simply want to preselect my files, combine them and save them in a new file - in two or three steps. Seems like a simple, no-brainer to me. But Adobe's programmers and testers, apparently, have never done something so simple.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of you, I'm sure, will tell me, once I have the two files showing in the Acrobat window, to click "Combine" on the top bar. Yes, I understand that this will allow me to save the combined files. The problem with this, for my purposes anyway, is that the new file loses the original file name. Instead, Acrobat subsitutes, "Binder1," for the saved file (or whatever name I might choose, myself). 

And you might say, problem solved. However, because I'm combining several dozen such files in a highly repetitive process for use in a web app, I need be absolutely sure the filenames are correct. Manually creating the new filenames without reference to the original names introduces an element of doubt. Yes, I've been called picky before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines