Combining Documents in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer was recently upgraded to Microsoft 365 and ever since then I have had problems combining files into a PDF.  Prior to the upgrade I could combine Word, Excel, PDF etc. into one document.  Now I have to convert everything to a PDF and then combine.  Would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this.  Our IT advisor informs me it's a bug with Adobe.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Raewyn

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to combine the MS Office files to PDF.

What happens when you try to combine the Word or Excel documents to PDF? Do you get any error message? If yes please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to combine the MS office files?

Also, check if you are able to create a PDF file from MS Word document using the Adobe PDF printer and the Acrobat Distiller application as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-acrobat-pdfmaker-problems-office.html and try the troubleshooting steps suggested.

if it still doesn't work, remove both Acrobat and Office or the specific Office application (Word, PowerPoint, or Excel). Reinstall Office or the specific Office application, and then reinstall Acrobat.

Note: To remove Acrobat, use the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.

Also try to combine the files online here: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ and see if that works.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines