• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining PDFs from Explorer - Word window appearing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Environment: Windows Virtual Desktop (Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops) and Acrobat Pro DC, 2020.012.20043

A user reported slowness when combining files in Acrobat by selecting multiple Word documents in Explorer and using the "combine files in Acrobat" context menu option. We were able to get the slowness down a bit, but another thing the user observed was that during this process, Word opens while it's converting the file in Acrobat. The Word window eventually closes but the user feels it is prolonging the process and doesn't see this behavior on her local PC. (Windows 10, same version of Acrobat)

I have tested this on my local PC (Also Windows 10, same version of Acrobat.) and see that the Word window doesn't open or appear during the combining/converting process but does so in the Windows virtual environment. This is not a huge issue but the user and I would like to know what is causing this window to appear on the virtual desktop but not on our local PCs, especially if it further delays the process. I have tried reviewing PDFMaker/printer settings and compared them but everything looks the same. I also tried doing this with both 32bit and 64bit Office. 

I've attached a picture of what I'm referring to. This appears for each document that is being converted but on our local PCs, the document just converts without opening anything else.

Does anyone know what might cause this? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?