• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comment in shared review goes blank when clicked in

Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Document Cloud to conduct shared reviews. When I click into a comment in the comment pane to find where in the document it applies, the entire comment will go blank, although the comment field/container remains in place. If I click on the comment icon in the document, the comment also goes blank. This is making it difficult to determine where in the document a comment applies or what the reviewer is telling me, depending on whether I'm clicking in the comment (to find where it applies) or clicking the icon (to find out what the reviewer is telling me).

Windows 10, Build 18363 (aka Version 1909)

Adobe Acrobat Pro, fully updated

PDF created by FrameMaker 2020, fully updated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all documents? Does it happen on other computers as well? If it does happen on other comuters, would you be able to share such a document? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens pretty frequently, but I haven't been keeping stats. I can access it through the web browser but it won't let me access through Acrobat Pro on another computer, even though I'm signed in with the appropriate account. Probably because I'm trying to use my personal computer rather than the work-issued one.

This issue only shows up when I'm in Acrobat Pro.

A coworker who reviewed the file said that they kept getting kicked out and having to sign back in, and each time they had to do so under a different name. They didn't say if they were using the web browser or Acrobat to do this, though. I can ask on Monday.

I've had constant issues with Acrobat Pro on my work computer, even though I had the entire computer reimaged a few months ago. Acrobat Pro crashes constantly, as in 3-10 times or more per day depending on how long I've had it open. I can open Acrobat files from within Outlook (something that the reimaging actually fixed), but if I download a PDF from either Outlook or the Web, it frequently won't open from the message bar or when I double-click on it in File Explorer. If I want to open it, I have to go into Acrobat Pro and use File > Open. 

Sadly, I cannot share the file. The information is proprietary and I would not feel comfortable doing so, as it could lose me my job. What I can try to do is lorem ipsum it and send it to my home computer and post that to document cloud under my personal Adobe ID and not the work one and see what happens. But not tonight. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please provide comment blank screen recording(if possible) and crash dump if Acrobat still crashes to help us understand the problem?

When a process crashes (For example: you get this error message "Adobe Acrobat has stopped working" when Acrobat crashes) , kindly share with us the crash dump.
Steps to create the crash dump:
1. 1.When Acrobat Pro DC Crashes , open Windows Task Manager
2. Got To “Processes” tab
3. Right click on the process "Adobe Acrobat DC" and click "Create dump file"
4. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
5. Upload this DMP file on Adobe Document Cloud or any Cloud Storage and share the link of the uploaded DMP here.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply edited to remove links. Links sent via private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know when I can remove the PNG and the MP4. I do not want them available to the public for any great length of time. I'm assuming the DMP file won't contain company information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot speak for Adobe, and don't know when (of if) they downloaded your files, so here is what I would do: Send a private message to @arvindy by clicking on the user name in the comment above and then selecting to send a message. This way, you can share the links privately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I checked. It opens with no issues on my personal computer, and I have no problems clicking into comments. Sounds like it's definitely a problem with the work computer. 

I'll see what I can do to provide the information that @arvindy has requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, try to reinstall Acrobat on the system that shows the problem. Something may have gotten corrupted. Adobe has an "Acrobat Cleaner" that will remove anything associated with Actobat, in case a simple request-install does not provide a fix: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have missed that I had the entire system re-imaged in an attempt to correct this issue. The re-imaging was to the baseline Dell Latitude system, and then I had to reinstall everything Adobe (along with a bunch of other stuff).

Prior to that, I had uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat multiple times, including using the cleaner. In fact, Adobe technical support not only did that, they uninstalled every single Adobe program I had and deleted all of the Adobe folders (including the FrameMaker folders, despite my telling them to leave FrameMaker alone as it is heavily customized and no, I was not pleased by that) and reinstalled Creative Cloud (but not FrameMaker, which lead to even more isses, and can you tell I was not pleased by that?) without fixing the issue, which is what lead to me having my machine reimaged.

At this point I'm guessing it's a hardware issue and I'll probably have to talk to my boss about that. But I'll still take a dump file for tech support the next time Acrobat crashes on me. Just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, I forgot about that. That's the problem with being involved with more than one question at a time 🙂 I know, it sucks to have to remove all Adobe software in order to debug a problem, but that's the playbook that their customer support goes by. Here is what I do in a situation like that: I make a backup of my system to an external hard disk (which I can boot from), and then do all the removing/installing on that external disk. If it turns out that whatever was done did not improve the situation I just go back to booting from the internal disk, if it was successful, I restore from the external disk and have a working system again.

In addition to a hardware problem, it's also possible that it's an incompatibility with some other software on your system. Do you have any 3rd party Acrobat plug-ins installed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was sort of buried and easy to miss. 🙂

No, I have no third-party Acrobat plugins. I only use it for creating PDF files and reviewing. No forms or anything else fancy. I have a lot of FrameMaker plugins (which is why I was not pleased with the Adobe tech who wiped out all the directories, gosh darn it all), but I can't imagine that would affect either the creation of PDFs or how Acrobat deals with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines