Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments disappearing from shared PDF

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a long document (180 pages) which is being edited by several people, who have made upwards of 300 comments on the file. Up until yesterday, I could see the comments in both Acrobat DC and the browser view -- but I can now only see the comments in the browser view but not in DC. This means that I can't export/backup the comments or print a summary. Opening the file in DC will briefly show "loading shared comments" in the right pane, but then loads nothing (I just see the "getting started" tip where the comments should be; the cloud icon is green and indicates that comments are up to date). 

-Is there any way to rectify this issue within Acrobat DC?

-Failing that, is there any way I can print the document (WITH comments) from the browser view? I tried downloading it but this just prints the file itself and none of the markup.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

we are sorry for the trouble. As described the shared comments disappeared from the PDF file

I hope you would be able to fix it by now. If the issue still persists, we need some more information for a better understanding:

• Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs with comments? Please try with a different PDF file and check If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.
  • What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version please use the link (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html) and make sure you have the latest version 20.006.20042 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

You may also try to repair the installation (For Windows) Go to Help > Repair Installation and check  If it still doesn't work please try to reset the preferences to default a described here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...) and check.

Let us know how it goes 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For work, we use PDFs linked to SharePoint. I have noticed that quite often when a document was checked out to be worked on and is checked back in, the next time it is opened some of the text comments and pen signatures are either deleted or moved to a random part of the document. After hours of testing, it seems very random. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wam

We are sorry for the delay in response and the trouble. I hope you would be able o fix it by now 

If the issue still exists, we need some more information for a better understanding:

• Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.
  • As described the PDF is linked to the share point. Please try to download the file locally to your computer and try to and comments and check. 
    If it is specific to the PDFs linked to the SharePoint, maybe you need to check the network settings with your IT.
  • What is the version of the application you are using? To check the version please go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC. Make sure you have the latest version 20.006.20042 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let  us know how it goes

Regards

Amal  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had recently been using the text option in the comment tab. As of last week, it started disapearing. I could see my text as I am type in the box, but as soon as I click elsewhere, the text dissapears. I have tried this function with various pdf files on my macbook and have recently updated adobe. It still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is not about Flash Player. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving to Adobe Acrobat community forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines