Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

compare documents, difference not found

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i'm using acrobbat pro dc and in want to comapre to document. doc1 as generated by indesign and doc2 by PIM-System. Both document have exactly the same fonts. In onde document i have the text ".. 10 V" and in the other one ".. 10 Vx" but this difference is not shown. Is there any possibility to find out such differences.

Many thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you able to share PDF files that show the problem? It is difficult to diagnoise a problem when all we can see is the result.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, no problem , you can find them attached

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have taken a look and in Adobe Acrobat version 2020.013.20074, it tells me that all that text has been replaced. So it looks like Acrobat thinks there has been a major change in the documents. The Compare feature can be a bit hit and miss. Is it correct that the files where different exports from InDesign? or Was there one export and then modified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

the pdf are generated from 2 different systems. The R10.pdf is generated by InDesign, the car-r10.pdf is generated by our PIM ( Product information management system ) . Reason: the InDesign version is a more or less hand made process an it was replaced by a fully automated process and i'm looking for a way to check if the new version is correct because the source of the data ( the content ) has completly change. It's no so imprtant to see if for exampe the font have change, important is the text or text-values. 

regards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines