• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare Documents not Working

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open two documents, when I select COMPARE, I get an error message:  "These documents have security settings which prevent comparison.  Please modify security settings to allow editing and try again."  I go to SECURITY SETTING for each document, they both say "No Security" .  Any one have a suggestion?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Hi Watsojanh,

We apologize for the delay in response.

As shared, the error message appears as "These documents have security settings which prevent comparison. Please modify security settings to allow editing and try again." which indicates that the "Editing" for these documents has been restricted.

What you are looking at under the document properties is "Security Method". So you need to check the "Document Restrictions Summary"  and see whether it is allowed or not?

Sample Screenshot-

For more c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Watsojanh,

We apologize for the delay in response.

As shared, the error message appears as "These documents have security settings which prevent comparison. Please modify security settings to allow editing and try again." which indicates that the "Editing" for these documents has been restricted.

What you are looking at under the document properties is "Security Method". So you need to check the "Document Restrictions Summary"  and see whether it is allowed or not?

Sample Screenshot-

For more clarity, you may attach the screenshot of the "Security" tab for both the documents.

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a couple years old, but can you make an option for the comparison to ignore security? Something similar to Draftable would put you guys right back on top again with this tool. Just adding in my 2 cents. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur - just ran into the same issue.

Regards,

ACDurston, GE Aerospace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 - and I don't understand why a document needs to be editable to be comparable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1.  Same issue.  Completely agree with Troy......8g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More in the use case.  Need to compare old and new audit reports.  These reasonably are set to be not editable.  I dont want to edit them or have risk of them being edited.   If I have permissions to view two files I should be able to compare them.   For now I must manually eyeball the difference on a monitor or printouts -crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The desktop version of Draftable has worked wonders at my law firm. It's unfortunate Adobe's built in tool does not work around secure PDFs. Save your eyes and try a different solution. Pricing isn't bad for Draftable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
Just CTRL P (To Print the Security Document) setting your printer to Adobe PDf (Ie you are printing a PDF) and Save it. This removes all security settings. You can then compare Adobe PDFs. 

Agreed that People are exisitng Adobe Acrobat as this workaround is not known

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines