Highlighted

comparing pdf files

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone,

I need to compare 2 pdf file. Same number of pages.

When I try to compare a message appears "atteso un array", in english I suppose something like "expected an array". Can someone help me?

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF, Create PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

comparing pdf files

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone,

I need to compare 2 pdf file. Same number of pages.

When I try to compare a message appears "atteso un array", in english I suppose something like "expected an array". Can someone help me?

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF, Create PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described above, You are getting the error 'expected an array' when comparing the documents.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF or with all the PDF you try to compare? Try comparing the other PDF and see if the issue still exist.

It looks like one of the PDFs you are trying to compare is corrupt in some way or the other. Please try to recreate the PDFs again by doing 'Save As' and rename the file/s and try to compare again and see if that works.

For more information, please refer to a similar discussion here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-do-i-fix-my-pdf-so-i-don-t-get-the-error-message-quot-exp...)

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, I'm having this issue, too.  I'm on a Mac using Acrobat Pro DC. I've made sure I've re-saved the files as you and the other thread suggested. I turned Acrobat off and back on.  I upgraded Acrobat.  I tried changing settings, etc.  I keep having the same issue and get the "Expected an array object" dialog box.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble.

Please update the application to the latest version 20.009.20065 and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF