Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Concatenate selections and populate new text field

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a fill-in form I am working on in Acrobat Pro DC. I have several list boxes and text fields that I am using the export value of the item to basically build a file name that displays in a separate text field, "FileName". On the text field "FileName" I am using a custom calculation script. I have this working fine but the value displays at all times and changes each time the user moves from one field to the next. I would rather have the field blank until all fields have been completed. Can anyone suggest how to do this? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to add a condition that makes sure all the other fields have a value before populating the text field.

For example:

var a = this.getField("A").valueAsString;

var b = this.getField("B").valueAsString;

var c = this.getField("C").valueAsString;

if (a!="" && b!="" && c!="") event.value = a + ", " + b + ", " + c;

else event.value = "";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67,

Thank you so much for your reply, I have this working now thanks to your help. It took me a minute to figure out how to handle some of my fields that are list boxes with "Make a Selection" displaying as the default value. I set that export value to 0 and check that before the event. 

I do have one other question if I can trouble you? One of my field is a date field using the calendar popup. The date field name is Date2Mail. Would it be possible to check that the date selected by the user is at least 1 day after than the current date? Or, to get even fancier the ideal solution would be, if user selects same date as current or next date as current, display some alert text in a hidden field next to the date field on the form. I can then give some details to the user about time lines, etc. 

Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this code as the custom Validation script for that field (adjust the date pattern string if needed):

if (event.value) {
	var now = new Date();
	now.setHours(0);
	now.setMinutes(0);
	now.setSeconds(0);
	var d2 = util.scand("mm/dd/yyyy", event.value);
	d2.setDate(d2.getDate()-2);
	if (d2.getTime()<now.getTime()) {
		app.alert("You must enter a date that's at least one day after today.");
		event.rc = false;
	}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactlty what I was looking for! Fantastic help! Thanks so much for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines