Highlighted

Conditional display of signature fields, depending on a checkbox

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

i would like to show a signature field "CEO" in Adobe Acrobat Pro CC only if the checkbox, "Approval by CEO nessary" is checked.

The background is that the signature of the CEO is not always required. The document can only be locked if all signatures in a form are filled in.

Thanks a lot

Bastian

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

The code to use:

this.getField("Signature39").display = (event.target.value=="Off") ? display.hidden : display.visible;

However, use the event I mentioned (Mouse Up).

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, How to, PDF forms, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Conditional display of signature fields, depending on a checkbox

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

i would like to show a signature field "CEO" in Adobe Acrobat Pro CC only if the checkbox, "Approval by CEO nessary" is checked.

The background is that the signature of the CEO is not always required. The document can only be locked if all signatures in a form are filled in.

Thanks a lot

Bastian

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

The code to use:

this.getField("Signature39").display = (event.target.value=="Off") ? display.hidden : display.visible;

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, How to, PDF forms, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the Mouse Up event of the check-box add this code:

this.getField("CEO").display = (event.target.value=="Off") ? display.hidden : display.visible;

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the quick answer. Unfortunately I'm not so fit in JavaScript.
Can you write down the code I have to enter in the checkbox Approval by CEO necessary. ->Mouse over

Field names:
Checkbox = Check Box11

Field to be hidden if Check Box11 is deactivated.
Field Name: Signature39

thx
Bastian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code to use:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much,
it works 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0