• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confirm Security Prompt When Printing PDF from Outlook

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since we installed the latest Adobe update yesterday we are getting an annoying security warning "Are you sure that this file is from a trustworthy source and you want to convert it?" every time you print to PDF from Outlook.

It doesn't seem to happen when you use the Outlook add-in for whatever reason. However, our users mostly print to PDF and this is very annoying for them.

We are running the latest version of Acrobat DC 2017 (2017.011.30138) along with Office 365 ProPlus software. This is on a Server 2016/2019 RDS environment.

Does anyone know how to disable this? It never happened until the Adobe update ran.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Hi All,

The following help article is updated How to disable the security warning message before postscript to PDF file conversion.

Please try the solution shared in the article, reboot the machine and let us know if you experience any issue.

Registry fix to disable security warning dialog for Acrobat Distiller on Windows

Applicable to Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017, Acrobat 2015 (Classic).

1. Quit Acrobat Distiller application if it's already running.
  2. Open the registry editor -  go to Run (Windows menu + R),

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and what is really annoying is the window hides behind my app and i cant see it to confirm i trust it. i have to move the app onto another monitor to see the adobe window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same issues in a stat program I use and have tried uninstalling and re-installing Adobe... need update fix ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was having the same problem when trying to print to PDF out of Adobe InDesign. I think I may have found a fix. Here is what I did:

Open Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC

Go to File - Preferences

In the preferences window, check the very last checkbox (which says "Trust all files opened via Acrobat Distiller").

I did this and the dialog seems to have gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version of Distiller does not show the "Trust all files opened via Acrobat Distiller" option.  I'm running version 19.10.20091315611 of Adobe Acrobat. Attached is a screenshot of what I see.

DistillerPrefs.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and mine, also, does not have that "Trust all files opened via Acrobat Distiller" check box.  Hoping someone has a solution.  Even this page didn't help.  How to disable the security warning message before postscript to PDF file conversion.  Basically the same fix for 2017 and 2015 but along with not having teh ckeck box in the Distiller preferences, I don't have the registry keys it mentions either.  Windows RDS server 2012 R2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issues last week.  I checked this week, and my Adobe did an automatic update on Monday, and now the checkboxes are there and my issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that option in Acrobat Distiller 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wl91873342​, I don't see any of those options from the link either in the application or in the registry editor. Does anyone else have another fix? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It worked! Using FM 2015...and this was really annoying everytime I needed to PDF a book. Thank-you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

perfecto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue after updating Adobe Acrobat DC to version 2019.010.20099.  Trying to print to pdfs using "Adobe PDF" as the printer from third party software causes this prompt to come up and crash the software you try to print from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue in Adobe Acrobat 2017. Please help. Our application uses Adobe PDF printer to print in the background and this error occurs and stops everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of those options appear in Acrobat DC 2017 (Distiller or Acrobat)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this error today as well for the first time.  The suggested security options are not present in my Acrobat Distiller 2017 DC either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged a support ticket with Adobe and the registry edit did seem to do the trick for me.  We are running Adobe 2015 Release.Adoberegistry.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this!  We are having this issue on a Windows 2012R2 RDS Server. Did you have to do this for each individual user or was logging into machine and doing this as Administrator enough?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.. You will have to do this for every user (which hurts)..  I have about 100 users that are affected. You can either export the registry key and import it for every user or use group policy to fix it.  Sorry!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just added it to my RDS Group Policy object (as I have on to handle just this kind of stuff on my RDS Servers).  Now we wait..

Again, thanks for the REG fix. I saw it on the other link but the path didn't match so I wasn't 100% sure. 

Much appreciated!

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep us posted.  I'm hesitating..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curtis, so is the registry key listed in the KB article incorrect? Your screenshot is a different key than Adobe lists.

Should the value be set to 0 or 1? Your screenshot says 1, but Adobe says 0...

Also does this work even if you don't have the checkbox on your Adobe preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screenshot was pointing to a different key.  HKEY_CURRENT_USER vs HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

I guess it all depends on the version of Acrobat that is installed on your machine. I did not even have a key for : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\(Wow6432Node)\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\FeatureState

which was suggested in the article.

Can you open a ticket with Adobe? It was quick and easy for me. There are too many variables to consider. Operating system, Adobe version, etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and sorry for the trouble.

Please refer the below values for disabling the security dialog:

Distiller Registry : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\<product version>\Preferences :  bEnableTrustedConversion(REG_BINARY) -> 1

Acrobat Registry : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\(Wow6432Node)\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\<product version>\FeatureState : BlockDistillerConversion(DWORD) ->  0

The UI preference is only available in the DC continuous version. It is not available in Acrobat 2017 and 2015

Please replace Trunk with the respective Acrobat Track. ex 

Acrobat DC: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\DC\Preferences

Acrobat 2017: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\2017Preferences

Acrobat 2015: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\2015\Preferences

Let us know if you experience any issue.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines