Highlighted

Confirm Security Prompt When Printing PDF from Outlook

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since we installed the latest Adobe update yesterday we are getting an annoying security warning "Are you sure that this file is from a trustworthy source and you want to convert it?" every time you print to PDF from Outlook.

It doesn't seem to happen when you use the Outlook add-in for whatever reason. However, our users mostly print to PDF and this is very annoying for them.

We are running the latest version of Acrobat DC 2017 (2017.011.30138) along with Office 365 ProPlus software. This is on a Server 2016/2019 RDS environment.

Does anyone know how to disable this? It never happened until the Adobe update ran.

Hi All,

The following help article is updated How to disable the security warning message before postscript to PDF file conversion.

Please try the solution shared in the article, reboot the machine and let us know if you experience any issue.

Registry fix to disable security warning dialog for Acrobat Distiller on Windows

Applicable to Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017, Acrobat 2015 (Classic).

1. Quit Acrobat Distiller application if it's already running.
  2. Open the registry editor -  go to Run (Windows menu + R), type regedit.exe in the Open field and click OK.
  3. In the registry editor, go to the location listed below, and create the binary key bEnableTrustedConversion. Change its value to 1. For Acrobat Distiller:

For Acrobat DC (Continuous):

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\DC\Preferences

For Acrobat DC (Classic - Acrobat 2017):

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\2017\Preferences

For Acrobat DC (Classic - Acrobat 2015):

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\2015\Preferences

Regards,

Anand Sri.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Confirm Security Prompt When Printing PDF from Outlook

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since we installed the latest Adobe update yesterday we are getting an annoying security warning "Are you sure that this file is from a trustworthy source and you want to convert it?" every time you print to PDF from Outlook.

It doesn't seem to happen when you use the Outlook add-in for whatever reason. However, our users mostly print to PDF and this is very annoying for them.

We are running the latest version of Acrobat DC 2017 (2017.011.30138) along with Office 365 ProPlus software. This is on a Server 2016/2019 RDS environment.

Does anyone know how to disable this? It never happened until the Adobe update ran.

Hi All,

The following help article is updated How to disable the security warning message before postscript to PDF file conversion.

Please try the solution shared in the article, reboot the machine and let us know if you experience any issue.

Registry fix to disable security warning dialog for Acrobat Distiller on Windows

Applicable to Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017, Acrobat 2015 (Classic).

1. Quit Acrobat Distiller application if it's already running.
  2. Open the registry editor -  go to Run (Windows menu + R), type regedit.exe in the Open field and click OK.
  3. In the registry editor, go to the location listed below, and create the binary key bEnableTrustedConversion. Change its value to 1. For Acrobat Distiller:

For Acrobat DC (Continuous):

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\DC\Preferences

For Acrobat DC (Classic - Acrobat 2017):

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\2017\Preferences

For Acrobat DC (Classic - Acrobat 2015):

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\2015\Preferences

Regards,

Anand Sri.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 10, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and what is really annoying is the window hides behind my app and i cant see it to confirm i trust it. i have to move the app onto another monitor to see the adobe window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 3
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same issues in a stat program I use and have tried uninstalling and re-installing Adobe... need update fix ASAP!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was having the same problem when trying to print to PDF out of Adobe InDesign. I think I may have found a fix. Here is what I did:

Open Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC

Go to File - Preferences

In the preferences window, check the very last checkbox (which says "Trust all files opened via Acrobat Distiller").

I did this and the dialog seems to have gone away.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 5
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version of Distiller does not show the "Trust all files opened via Acrobat Distiller" option.  I'm running version 19.10.20091315611 of Adobe Acrobat. Attached is a screenshot of what I see.

DistillerPrefs.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and mine, also, does not have that "Trust all files opened via Acrobat Distiller" check box.  Hoping someone has a solution.  Even this page didn't help.  How to disable the security warning message before postscript to PDF file conversion.  Basically the same fix for 2017 and 2015 but along with not having teh ckeck box in the Distiller preferences, I don't have the registry keys it mentions either.  Windows RDS server 2012 R2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issues last week.  I checked this week, and my Adobe did an automatic update on Monday, and now the checkboxes are there and my issue is resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that option in Acrobat Distiller 2017

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wl91873342​, I don't see any of those options from the link either in the application or in the registry editor. Does anyone else have another fix? Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 1
VeraD LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It worked! Using FM 2015...and this was really annoying everytime I needed to PDF a book. Thank-you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue after updating Adobe Acrobat DC to version 2019.010.20099.  Trying to print to pdfs using "Adobe PDF" as the printer from third party software causes this prompt to come up and crash the software you try to print from.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0