• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confirm Security Prompt When Printing PDF from Outlook

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since we installed the latest Adobe update yesterday we are getting an annoying security warning "Are you sure that this file is from a trustworthy source and you want to convert it?" every time you print to PDF from Outlook.

It doesn't seem to happen when you use the Outlook add-in for whatever reason. However, our users mostly print to PDF and this is very annoying for them.

We are running the latest version of Acrobat DC 2017 (2017.011.30138) along with Office 365 ProPlus software. This is on a Server 2016/2019 RDS environment.

Does anyone know how to disable this? It never happened until the Adobe update ran.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Hi All,

The following help article is updated How to disable the security warning message before postscript to PDF file conversion.

Please try the solution shared in the article, reboot the machine and let us know if you experience any issue.

Registry fix to disable security warning dialog for Acrobat Distiller on Windows

Applicable to Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017, Acrobat 2015 (Classic).

1. Quit Acrobat Distiller application if it's already running.
  2. Open the registry editor -  go to Run (Windows menu + R),

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a solution. Under Edit>Preferences in Adobe Acrobat, instead of going to Convert to PDF, go to Security (Enhanced) and uncheck all of the checkboxes. Worked for me. I was unable to print from Draftsight (CAD Software) to PDF since the message box would go behind my program and I couldn't select Yes, which kept causing the program to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue, why oh why!  I cant print from Autocad! This is very frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally didn't try the Adobe Distiller options, since I was not using it, but after trying to print again and having Draftsight freeze for me, I brought up task manager and saw that Adobe Distiller was trying to give me the security measure. I went through the steps explained above for both Adobe Acrobat AND Adobe Distiller, and now I have no problems printing to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed! Followed the steps above with regards to un-ticking a box in Acrobat Distiller now there is no annoying hidden security message box popping up behind everything (causing my computer to crash).

I also didn't know I had distiller, but as a previous poster explained - I found it when clicking on the start icon and it was in with all of the other Adobe programs.  So happy - Thank you all   Adobe though - you caused me lots of stress yesterday!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update that fixes the trust dialog that comes when doing a print to PDF. In this update, we have also added the corresponding UI preferences on Windows for Acrobat 2015 and Acrobat 2017 that can be used so that the trust dialog doesn't come when converting  PS files to PDF. Please click Help -> Check for Updates... to get the latest update

Thanks & Regards

Sachin Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I had another user with same issue on Acrobat DC 2015 and updating as mentioned here did not work (Re: Confirm Security Prompt When Printing PDF from Outlook ). I applied the method I posted here and this worked: Re: Confirm Security Prompt When Printing PDF from Outlook

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're waiting on IT to deploy the update, to get focus correct - however...

In addition to the message appearing on the back of the stack, it's not using a standard Windows message box call - and so you can't ctrl-c it to the clipboard and ctrl-v the text into Google, as you can with a standard message box.  Printscreen still works (as do other windows capture keys), but that isn't as nice for asking Google why the message is there.  Just saying.

But beyond that - we see the prompt the second or later time Distiller is invoked by a process, and not the first time.  If you leave it alone a couple minutes, come back, then Distiller doesn't prompt the next time.  And so you try explaining that behavior to an end user who can't reliably work the power switch on the device.

Surely, if a hostile program were scripting Distiller, it'd simply click the "yes" button programmatically - and so it seems like this wouldn't necessarily even be an effective defense.  You're not indicating what file, or what directory, is being converted - and so its not even clear to me how you can expect a typical end user to make a good security decision here - seems like a poorly thought out CYA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines