Highlighted

Constant intrusive autosave, Acrobat DC 20.11

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC 20.11, Mac OS X 10.13.6

This version autosaves documents almost constantly, making it difficult to add comments smoothly. In the comments function, I place the cursor where inserted text is required, or highlight a word to change, and start typing, but after one or two letters it starts autosaving, which stops the insert from being active, and when it stops autosaving and I'm still typing, a new insertion is started. If I type quickly, it can end up with three or more insertions all of a letter or two. Also when trying to navigate a document quickly from page to page, half the clicks on the next or previous page button don't do anything because it's autsaving. I've gone back to using version 10.11 it's so bad! There are workarounds but nothing ideal, nothing intuitive. Thank you for any help in advance!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Constant intrusive autosave, Acrobat DC 20.11

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC 20.11, Mac OS X 10.13.6

This version autosaves documents almost constantly, making it difficult to add comments smoothly. In the comments function, I place the cursor where inserted text is required, or highlight a word to change, and start typing, but after one or two letters it starts autosaving, which stops the insert from being active, and when it stops autosaving and I'm still typing, a new insertion is started. If I type quickly, it can end up with three or more insertions all of a letter or two. Also when trying to navigate a document quickly from page to page, half the clicks on the next or previous page button don't do anything because it's autsaving. I've gone back to using version 10.11 it's so bad! There are workarounds but nothing ideal, nothing intuitive. Thank you for any help in advance!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominci

Please check your preferences. If you do not want autosave, uncheck this, if you want it to save less often, change that:

Does this work for you?

2020-10-05_10-16-04.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Sorry, I should have put that in the original post, but yes, the autosave is checked off, yet it still constantly autosaves. I suspect it isn't this autosave function though as it happens every few seconds, and the minimum setting is one minute.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yeah, that is a bit important.

My guess at this point is see if rebuiilding the preferences helps. Please try this:

Restore the Acrobat preferences files (Mac OS)

Restore the Acrobat preferences files to eliminate problems caused by a damaged preferences file.

• Quit Acrobat.
  • Drag the following files from the Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences folder to the Desktop:
    • Acrobat WebCapture Cookies
    • com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist or com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro_x86_9.0.plist
    • Acrobat Distiller Prefs and com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist (if you are troubleshooting an issue with Distiller)
    • The Acrobat folder, which contains preferences for forms (MRUFormsList), collaboration (OfflineDocs), and color settings (AcrobatColor Settings.csf)
  • Restart Acrobat

If the problem recurs after you restore the Acrobat preferences files, then the problem isn’t related to preferences files. To restore custom settings, drag the files you moved in step 2 back to their original location. Then click OK to the alert “A newer item named ‘[filename]’ already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the older one you're moving?”

Let us know if this works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that looks pretty gruesome. 

Let's hope the rebuilding the Prefs works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but same issue still. I may try just removing it altogether and restoring it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that would have been my next suggestion.

Do you have any other Adobe software? I ask becuase it might be wise to run the Adobe Cleaner Tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

Scroll down until you get to #3 and then you can access this tool. It cleans your system of Adobe products letting you start fresh.

Let us know how it goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great, thank you. Reinstalling didn't fix it. I'll try this next!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0